Sony Clie SJ30

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

elite705

Sony Clie SJ30

Post by elite705 »

Hi,

i am trying to play "Monkey Island 1" with the ScummVM and Sony Clie SJ30 (Palm OS 4.1). I installed the "ScummVM-Frontend.prc", copied the "scumm.engine" in the mod directory and the Monkey Island Files in the game directory.
I start the ScummVM and select the "Scumm Games" engine.
A message appears "Importing databases please wait".
After a while another message appears "Fatal exception" and I only can make a soft-reset.
With the skin installed, I have another problem, that the skin is not properly displayed. I only see "Choose" but it is cut on the right side, as if not all of the screen is displayed. And in the middle is a white field, which displays nothing. Besides that i can hardly see anything else except a blue order on the left side.
Could it be that Palm OS 4.1 is too old?
Can I do anything else?

EDIT: I read from the forum that the Version 0.8 was the last know version to run on a Clie. Where can I get this version?

My Memory Information shows the following:
Dynamic 944 - 1017
Storage 12586 - 15359
Stack Size - 5
Last edited by elite705 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

There (http://capers.free.fr/en/download.php?g=ScVM) you can find a lot of old versions, but no 0.8. Hmmh, does anyone know if there was a 0.8 Version in the first place ??
Good Luck
elite705

Post by elite705 »

In the forum there was an entry about a version 0.8.0 known as the last version working with a clie.
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=513&start=75
user newtonc.
This is over a year ago....
Thanks for the link I am trying the 0.7.1

Edit: The 0.7.1 version worked. I could start the game, but in the first screen I get an memory error. As I cannot use UDMH (palm os 4.1) I am out of luck here. Besides that the game is really really slow with the clie sj30. So probable it should be marked as not working in the compatibility list.

Edit2: Now its working. I think it has to do with disabling the sound. I played it only a few minutes, but so far no errors. Is it possible to turn the display?
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

afaik NO
Sorry, but maybe you can see this as an opportunity to play this wonderful game in a way many (including me) did - with no sound :o)

Though it can't be wrong to try every hard -and softbutton you got - especially if you got a click-wheel try scrolling back and forth (both, with and without pressing it - if it is "clickable")