A list a Palms that work/don't work with the new ARM Version

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

goetz

Post by goetz »

Chaostar wrote:I used the previous version in my Tungsten C with no problems (without sound), last week i had to hard reset my TC but the folders and files on my SD remained, now I installed this ARM version and after configuring the games (indyatlantis, zak and monkey2) I get either a blank white screen or an exit to the launcher. That is both with and without sound enabled.
The current version works with clear sound on my Tungsten C. I also got some hard reset, but only when I pressed some key I wasn't supposed to hit. :)

For normal usage it should run without any resets. Maybe it's a memory problem. I have 17 MByte free storage memory and 12 MByte free dynamic memory.
Chaostar wrote: Just to check: the path to be written on the properties section is for example: "/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/monkey2/" right???
I use relative paths only, i.e. "monkey2/", but on the SD card it should be the right position. BTW, the monkey2 sound is nice if you use a head set it to "Mixed Adlib/MIDI": OFF, Driver: Adlib, Quality: High, Rate: 11KHz :D
Chaostar wrote: Maybe it's because i have the scumm.data file in the /Mods folder, maybe it's because of that?
You'll need the current scumm.engine in the Mods folder and additionally the common.data and scumm.data. I use these files from the 05-3-21 test version.

- Goetz
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

new version online
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

sev wrote:
Chaostar wrote:I was wondering why isn't the Palm OS port of ScummVM included in the 0.8.0 official releases download area...
Simpy as that. It's not yet ready. Chrilith is working on it right now so you see all those test builds. It seems to me that we're waiting for him to be finished and then will release 0.8.1.

Eugene
Wow, is that true ? you're really waiting for me ?
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

Chaostar wrote:Hello to all! I'm new to the forum. I used the previous version in my Tungsten C with no problems (without sound), last week i had to hard reset my TC but the folders and files on my SD remained, now I installed this ARM version and after configuring the games (indyatlantis, zak and monkey2) I get either a blank white screen or an exit to the launcher. That is both with and without sound enabled.

Just to check: the path to be written on the properties section is for example: "/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/monkey2/" right???

Maybe it's because i have the scumm.data file in the /Mods folder, maybe it's because of that?

Thanks!
if the game folder is in "/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/" just use "monkey2" as path
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Chrilith wrote:Wow, is that true ? you're really waiting for me ?
Well, it's probably not the PalmOS port alone, but I'd say that's the major thing we'd have in 0.8.1 ... other than that, I'd say we have enough changes already to make a 0.8.1 :-)
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

The Palm OS port will NEVER get to play "Curse of Monkey Island" (comi)? Is it something like a basic hardware thing? Is it the only port which cannot play comi?
Thanks!
Martin

PS: The games play OK except for some critical hangup that occurs sometimes, mostly in Indy Atlantis, and in Monkey 2 I get a lockup sometimes but the music keeps playing.
GoDz

Post by GoDz »

hey, Chrilith. Any closer to solving the problems on the z71? it doesnt work with neither udmh nor fhr :(
Reilly

Version Jan 13

Post by Reilly »

the "friday the 13.-Version" (Jan) runs great on my T5.
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

I have uploaded a new version of the scumm engine (located in the OS5/Test folder) which implement the old sound code from v0.7.1 version. Let me know if it is stable for you with and without MP3

http://capers.free.fr/ScummVM/download/arm.zip
thanks