Doesn't Work: :cry:

Zire71
TH55
UX50
T|T
T|T2
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

I have an E2 and it works great (with semi-random fatal exeption crashes, but its a test version) i love the sound/voice (almost messed myself when i tried samnmax for the first time and heard the doc say "Friends!?!")
Thanks again Chrilith for all the hard work
cant wait for the offical release

GloKidd (Grant Yeager)
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

lastest version works on T3 :)
dbu

Please add T|5 to working list

Post by dbu »

Hello, I have an T5 and the new ARM version works great, the sound is perfect and the game speed is great. And Thanks for the Browser to add games.

To add more information here is the settings that I use.

Palm T5 with 1GB SD Card.
To use Audio I select FM Towns, High quality and 22K.
and I can adjust the audio volume.

The only think that I hope to see on next version is the Hires (480x320) resolution.

PD: For all ScummVM Palm Os users, Don't forget to delete all Scumm preferences before upgrade your version, some times I get fatal errors if use old preferences. (I use RescoExplorer to delete ScummVM preferences)

Best regards, and many thanks for this great emulator.
goetz

Post by goetz »

With the version of Dec 13, it works nicely on my Tungsten C. So in the above list, we can count T|C to the upper part again. :D

For some more comments about this version on T|C, see my post in this thead: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=437

- Goetz
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

great ! thanks :)
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

I have uploaded a new version with wide support, but the in-game GUI doesn't work yet in wide mode (my site doesn't reflect this change, so download and try :)
goetz

Post by goetz »

Chrilith wrote:I have uploaded a new version with wide support, but the in-game GUI doesn't work yet in wide mode (my site doesn't reflect this change, so download and try :)
On my (non-wide) T|C this version does not work: After importing the databases the screen stays black. So I'll stay with version of 051213 for the moment.

Unfortunately I forgot to have a look at the logfile and I don't have this version on my T|C to try at the moment -- sorry. :(

- Goetz
Luctus

Post by Luctus »

My T|T crashes when trying to start Monkey Island 2 (Only game I have so far). The log file just says:

Looking for monkey2
Trying to start game 'Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge'
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

should be a memory problem since T|T and T2 have very limited heap. You should try this :
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/palm/fhr.html

let me know if it works then. Zire71 users can also try it !
Luctus

Post by Luctus »

Oh, I use UDMH, so heap memory shouldn't be a problem.
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

Hello to all! I'm new to the forum. I used the previous version in my Tungsten C with no problems (without sound), last week i had to hard reset my TC but the folders and files on my SD remained, now I installed this ARM version and after configuring the games (indyatlantis, zak and monkey2) I get either a blank white screen or an exit to the launcher. That is both with and without sound enabled.

Just to check: the path to be written on the properties section is for example: "/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/monkey2/" right???

Maybe it's because i have the scumm.data file in the /Mods folder, maybe it's because of that?

Thanks!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Slightly off-topic: Now it would be nice if the information contained in this thread could be put into the Wiki... here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/PalmOS.

Similiar to the pages for Symbian: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/SymbianOS

Maybe two tables should be put there: One for the ARM version, one for the old version (I have no Palm and no idea if that suggestion makes sense, mind you, I hope you'll forgive me :-).

If anybody (Lord Savage ?) is interested in maintaining this on the Wiki, feel free to contact me and I can give you write access to the Wiki.
Chaostar

Post by Chaostar »

fingolfin, I was wondering why isn't the Palm OS port of ScummVM included in the 0.8.0 official releases download area... I mean, there is even the Amiga OS release included in the list, but not the Palm OS release... what is it with Palm OS gaming releases that seem to be getting so back in relation to PPC and other platforms?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Chaostar wrote:I was wondering why isn't the Palm OS port of ScummVM included in the 0.8.0 official releases download area...
Simpy as that. It's not yet ready. Chrilith is working on it right now so you see all those test builds. It seems to me that we're waiting for him to be finished and then will release 0.8.1.

Eugene