Curse of Monkey Island Coin Problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agrajoe

Curse of Monkey Island Coin Problem

Post by agrajoe »

First of all, let me say that the work on the ScummVM is just amazing. I believe I actually said wow as I watched the intro sequence to CMI.

That said, I do seem to be encountering a issue playing the game. CMI uses a coin that pops up to complete action on an item. I am using a Samsung i607 aka Blackjack and version 0.10.0 of the ScummVM so I am using the smartphone controls. When I press and hold down the left soft key, the coin appears. However as soon as I release the left soft key, it disappears - probably designed that way. The problem is that if I hold down the left soft key so the coin appears and I press almost any other key, such as the dpad to move the cursor to the hand or parrot, the coin disappears as well. This means I am unable to actually do anything as I can't interact with the coin and select the action I need.

So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting that needs to be changed? What do I need to do to be able to move the cursor to select what I need on the coin?

Thanks in advance.

(I said almost any above because if I press and hold the left soft key and press the hang up key, it goes to the ScummVM key mapping screen. If I then cancel that, the coin is still showing and I can select which action I want to do. This however would be a hard way to play the game.)
soloyfeo

Post by soloyfeo »

See this thread here. It seems there's no way to play the game without a touchscreen (which is part of the reason I switched to a touchscreen device).
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

I cannot readily test with CMI, but when trying out an AGI engine game (like Space Quest), I can bring down the menu by pointing at the top of the screen, pressing and holding softkey a, dragging with the dpad and then releasing. So this works at least for my device.

What must be happening here (once more) is that your dpad keys are throwing spurious keystokes. If either/both of you could: 1) enable diagnostic (debug) output, 2) press each "interesting" key once (like all dpad, softkeys etc) while marking the order of pressing each one, 3) file a bug report with all that info, perhaps there could be something we can do.

K.