Speech

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kieran Keddle

Speech

Post by Kieran Keddle »

Again im new to this - just got my GP2x thorough the post over the weekemd and have downloaded many classics so far.

I was wondering if it was possible to download any of the games that have speech? (indy fate , beneath a sky etc etc)as i can only manage to download games with text?
clem

Post by clem »

you can download talkie versions of Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen - as for the rest, forum rule #0 applies since they are not freeware

edit: you can get them from http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#extras
Kieran Keddle

Post by Kieran Keddle »

I downloaded the CD version of this is that the right download?
clem

Post by clem »

Kieran Keddle wrote:I downloaded the CD version of this is that the right download?
yeah, BASS is 60-70mb, FOTAQ is 35mb or bigger (depending on compression)

you should have English speech in those games
Kieran Keddle

Post by Kieran Keddle »

Many Thanks mate.

Im actualy haveing trouble working BASS and Sierra games at the moment all lucasarts games work a treat. I try to add it to the menu on Scummvm but it says files are unrecognisable. Any ideas?
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

I assume you have checked that you have the right files for the games in question? What files do you have?

As for Sierra, Sierra games fall into the 'work in progress' area on the GP2X port, they work but the port could make things much nicer as they are a bit of a drag to play right now.
Vampyre

Post by Vampyre »

All games i have tested works with specchs, the only thing you need are the apropiate versions of those games (usually CD versions)