Setting debugflags on WinCE

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Setting debugflags on WinCE

Post by spookypeanut »

Is there a way to set debugflags on WinCE? DrMcCoy has been trying to hunt down this bug:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418820

And in an effort to help him, I'm trying to figure out how to use debug flags on WinCE. I tried just putting a line in scummvm.ini (like you can do with debuglevel), but it doesn't seem to work...
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Currently you'll have to supply this flag in the command line only. Try making a shortcut to scummvm, then edit the .lnk file to include the required command line flag. Perhaps we can add some code to parse this flag from the config file as well.
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

knakos wrote:Currently you'll have to supply this flag in the command line only. Try making a shortcut to scummvm, then edit the .lnk file to include the required command line flag. Perhaps we can add some code to parse this flag from the config file as well.
Cool thanks knakos, hadn't thought to edit the .lnk file! That worked, but now DrMcCoy is asking if there's any way to do a backtrace... is there? Will it involve me getting my gcc to compile for wince using your description in the wiki (something I've been intending to do for some time...)?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

yes, you'll need to build a debug build (probably with only the gob engine in) and then attach gdb.