Legend of Kyrandia - Series

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Legend of Kyrandia - Series

Post by PsYcO »

ive searched the wiki for a bit, and have found that the engine is there for all 3 games, currently(as you probably know) the first is supported, the other two arn't, the 3rd in the series is assigned too LordHoto, and i cant find any mention of the 2nd one, so what are the plans for it? if any.

and on a side note, scummvm 0.10.0(as im sure you know, again) comes with krya.dat, maybe you want to omit it from the download page?
clem

Re: Legend of Kyrandia - Series

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:ive searched the wiki for a bit, and have found that the engine is there for all 3 games, currently(as you probably know) the first is supported, the other two arn't, the 3rd in the series is assigned too LordHoto, and i cant find any mention of the 2nd one, so what are the plans for it? if any.
that's because LordHoto likes the third part a lot more than the 2nd

I prefer HoF myself, but I'm not that great a coder to try to implement it (and afaik, noone else is working on it either)
PsYcO wrote: and on a side note, scummvm 0.10.0(as im sure you know, again) comes with krya.dat, maybe you want to omit it from the download page?
nah, better leave it there for reference (also, not sure if all 0.10.0 packages come with it) - and what about SVN versions? (didn't check yet)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Legend of Kyrandia - Series

Post by PsYcO »

clem wrote:that's because LordHoto likes the third part a lot more than the 2nd
does that meen he'll work on it after the third?
clem wrote:nah, better leave it there for reference (also, not sure if all 0.10.0 packages come with it) - and what about SVN versions? (didn't check yet)
well how about doing what you did with BASS? cause it caused me alot of confusion, i wasn't sure if i had to update my current one, or if it was released on the SVN

but yes, its included in the SVN aswell
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

PsYcO wrote:does that meen he'll work on it after the third?
Some days ago, LordHoto made a commit for Kyrandia 2 which allows you to view the first room (and other rooms too, via debugger commands). So he's working on it
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

md5 wrote:
PsYcO wrote:does that meen he'll work on it after the third?
Some days ago, LordHoto made a commit for Kyrandia 2 which allows you to view the first room (and other rooms too, via debugger commands). So he's working on it
excellent, thanks, does that meen the wiki needs updating?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What kind of update is needed?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

md5 wrote:What kind of update is needed?
there's no mention of it being a work in progress
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will kyra 2 + 3 support.
maybe when work moves on in kyra 3 more parts will be available for kyra 2, as the engine is likely to have some similarities.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i know, just needed a few things clarified
sanguinehearts

Post by sanguinehearts »

sorry if that sounded sharp, it wasnt my intention
I was just trying to say that maybe through working on kyra 3, kyra 2 will begin to show signs of life
apologies for my tone
Rob
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

I have a vague memory of one of the original developers at Westwood mentioning, while we were discussing a possible source code release, that there was probably more difference in the engines between Kyra 2 and 3 than between 1 and 2.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

I'm working on HoF currently. Currently I have other things to do though, so don't expect too much in the next weeks ;-).