Confused about Landscape Mode

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

newton

Confused about Landscape Mode

Post by newton »

Hello,

I am trying to run SCUMM on my HTC p4000. It is a Pocket PC phone with the sliding keyboard, and whenever the keyboard is opened the screen turns to landscape mode. Just wanted a simple yes or no answer cause I can't seem to find one on the forum, but should SCUMM turn to Landscape mode automatically as well?
If not is it even possible to run it in Landscape mode? how would you configure that?

Also I don't seem to have any options beside Normal (no scaling) in my graphics mode dropdown menu under options. I know off reading items in the forum I shoud have way more options, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Re: Confused about Landscape Mode

Post by knakos »

newton wrote: I am trying to run SCUMM on my HTC p4000. It is a Pocket PC phone with the sliding keyboard, and whenever the keyboard is opened the screen turns to landscape mode. Just wanted a simple yes or no answer cause I can't seem to find one on the forum, but should SCUMM turn to Landscape mode automatically as well?
Here's the short version (no simple yes/no, sorry :)):
Depending on whether the keyboard is in or out when scummvm intializes: Keyboard in => your device advertizes portrait screen configuration. Keyboard out => your device is landscape.

OK, with that in mind: Inside scummvm, portrait devices can rotate the display between (portrait, landscape, inverse landscape) by pressing the little monkey icon :) On the other hand, ladnscape devices currently (and this may change in the future), cannot rotate to anything other than landscape.
newton wrote: Also I don't seem to have any options beside Normal (no scaling) in my graphics mode dropdown menu under options. I know off reading items in the forum I shoud have way more options, what am I doing wrong?
With a 240x320 display, you can't really do anything with the scalers, so you don't need it. ("When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice" :P).

I realize I may have confused you further, so feel free to ask more specific questions for this issue.