ScummVM 0.10.0 on iPAQ h1915 PPC2002

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NetSkipper

ScummVM 0.10.0 on iPAQ h1915 PPC2002

Post by NetSkipper »

Hello, I've tried to load ScummVM 0.10.0 on iPAQ h1915 with PPC2002, and nothing happened. This is the log from scummvm_stderr.txt

Code: Select all

SDL: Version $Rev: 41 $ bootstrapping GAPI device
SDL: Device is portrait, OS version 3.0 build 11171
SDL: No orientation reporting
SDL: GAPI_RealizePalette NOT IMPLEMENTED
SDL: Starting video access detection --->
SDL: System 240x320
SDL: Checking for GAPI
SDL: Trying Ozone
SDL: Running on Ozone
SDL: Ozone unknown screen format
Is it version 0.10.0 doesn't support PPC2002 anymore? :(

I've managed to load version 0.9.1 on h1915 and play BASS, it went quite well except two bugs:
1. The button mapping didn't work on the hard keys, only on directional (pad) keys. Manual editing of the ini file according to SirDave's PocketScumm Manual didn't help.
2. The right-click button, no matter where I've mapped it (directional buttons only - 4 possibilities), sometimes functioned as - and intercepted - the HIDE function.

Thanks in advance.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

that's what it would seem, but try reporting it to the bug tracker in a couple of days if we cant resolve your problem
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Re: ScummVM 0.10.0 on iPAQ h1915 PPC2002

Post by knakos »

NetSkipper wrote:

PPC2002 is stll supported. From the log above it looks like you don't have GAPI and further the direct screen acess mode is bogus (perhaps in 0.9.1, more lenient error checking made it possible for the app to run). Please install GAPI and try again.
NetSkipper

Post by NetSkipper »

knakos, thank you very much! I've installed GAPI 1.2 (I think it's the latest version) and everything is working just fine. I can map the hardware buttons, which is great.
But still, the "right-click" sometimes "multi-functions", he sometimes hide/show the toolbar (and streches to full screen), and shows the keyboard..

Please don't drop the PPC2002 support. It's all I can do with my old Pocket PC, listen to music and play ScummVM games. 8)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

NetSkipper wrote: But still, the "right-click" sometimes "multi-functions", he sometimes hide/show the toolbar (and streches to full screen), and shows the keyboard..
Ah yes, that's not a bug it's a feature. According to readme-wince.txt's section "How do I hide the toolbar?", by double-tapping in the top 20 pixels of the screen you're cycling the toolbar between the three modes (and not right-clicking).
NetSkipper wrote: Please don't drop the PPC2002 support.
I won't, I promise :)
Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

I am trying ScummVM on an old Compaq iPAQ 3660, running Win CE 3.0.9348 Build 9616, ARM SA1110 processor, and tested three versions:

0.13.0-WinCE
ARM_STATIC_2009_02_23
0.10.0svn-2007_05_27 as indicated in this thread and this bugtrecker comment

Always got

I then installed Winsoft's GAPI and got ScummVM running, but didn't succeed in starting BASS for testing. WinSoft GAPI does not support my or any iPAQ (as I understand, they support mostly or only PNAs) and I had to use the emulator. Well, SVM started, in landscape mode, too, but the touchscreen did not work. Sometimes display in landscape and touchscreen in portrait mode, mostly not at all.

I didnt copy the stderr logs from the GAPI tests, if it helps, I could do that. I was already annoyed that my iPAQ didnt let me uninstall the Winsoft GAPI. Next problem: Microsoft does not host their GAPI 1.2 any more, at least I could not find any source.
I will try SVM 0.9.1 next, as some people had success. Any suggestions what else I can try?

What means SVN after all?

EDIT: SVM 0.9.1 works, BASS running in landscape mode, but lags after changing the screen and crashes shortly after with an exception fault related to stack allocation which I am not able to reproduce right now.

The hardwarekeys which start applications do not work in the mapping menu, the 4 way switch does. I am impressed that ScummVM rotates the 4 way switch acoording to landscape or portrait mode. Nice feature :-)