Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Fullscreen issue

Post by PsYcO »

that's what i get when i load into full screen

then when i switch to window view i get this

im using XP, with a 1400X900 LCD monitor, and my graphics card is a geforce 6200. though i suspect that it may be a bug or something im just trowing it out there...

so anyway i can solve this? as there is obviously something wrong...

and it works ok if i open in window mode, but if i swap in an out of full screen then it begins to offset a bit, and i loose the part of the window where i can choose to close, maximize and minimize
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i just changed the environment variable to "windib" and it didn't change anything
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

should i report this to the bug tracker? or what?
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:should i report this to the bug tracker? or what?
yeah, worth a try
DerEineDa

Post by DerEineDa »

I had the same problem as PsYcO, but I was able to fix it.

The FAQ advises to set an environment varible called "SDL_VIDEODRIVER" with the value of "windib", but this obsolete now. In the Release Notes of SDL you can see that windib is the default setting since libsdl 1.2.10:
The "windib" video driver is the default now, to prevent problems with certain laptops, 64-bit Windows, and Windows Vista. The DirectX driver is still available, and can be selected by setting the environment variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER to "directx".
So I tried to change the variable to directx to get back the old behavior (ScummVM was working for me a year ago, when I used it the last time). This was the solution to my fullscreen-problem.

I advise to update the FAQ, since windib is used by default now, which could indeed be the cause for new problems like this one.

I spoke to PsYcO via ICQ, and changing the variable to "directx" works for him, too.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

just to verify that the conversation occurred, it did indeed work for me.

not that anyone should doubt it. :roll: