Star Trek The Next Generation: A Final Unity

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ShadeJackrabbit

Star Trek The Next Generation: A Final Unity

Post by ShadeJackrabbit »

I was wondering whether there is any chance of this game being added to ScummVM's list. I don't know much about it's engine or anything, but it seems to be somewhat similar to some of the other games.

Any thoughts?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Star Trek The Next Generation: A Final Unity

Post by PsYcO »

knowing how much the scummvm dev team like star trek, it would already be added if they ever intended on doing so

you might find this interesting: http://www.emulator-empire.com/finalunity.htm
Last edited by PsYcO on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaminari

Post by Kaminari »

ShadeJackrabbit wrote:it seems to be somewhat similar to some of the other games.
Indeed... which is the case for most point & click adventures. I hope you do realize that games are not supported in ScummVM only by sheer Voodoo magic.
ShadeJackrabbit

Post by ShadeJackrabbit »

Kaminari wrote:
ShadeJackrabbit wrote:it seems to be somewhat similar to some of the other games.
Indeed... which is the case for most point & click adventures. I hope you do realize that games are not supported in ScummVM only by sheer Voodoo magic.
Yeah, I know. Oh well... I guess if it ain't gonna happen... would be nice though to be able to run the stupid thing in a fully compatible program. The VDMSound solution still doesn't fix the crashing.
rdp837

Post by rdp837 »

Apparently as of version 0.70, DOSBox supports ST:A Final Unity (http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/comp_list.php?showID=1182). So if VDMSound doesn't work you may want to try that.

Hope this is of some use,

R.
Collector

Post by Collector »

STTNG A Final Unity will run fairly decently, in DOSBox now. There have been problems with its use of DOS4GW, but DOS4GW can be replaced with DOS/32 Advanced DOS Extender, which seems to fix most of the problems with this game. There is an extensive thread about the game on VOGONS: