scummvm.ini problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

mac_es wrote:In PS2 you can have the scummvm.ini in the memory card or in the dvd itself.

In this port, scummvm looks for scummvm.ini in the dvd. If it finds it it uses it, if no it will create one in memory card.

He is saying that if he puts the scummvm.ini in the dvd it doesn't work. If he doesn't put the scummvm.ini in the dvd and scummvm creates one in the memory card works.

He said that had changed something in the scummvm.ini, if you burn it whithout modifying it works?
No, don't work. T_T
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

I Think the problem is not in the ini file.
I think the problem is a bug of the scummvm.

or not?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

MrPunchy wrote:
mac_es wrote:In PS2 you can have the scummvm.ini in the memory card or in the dvd itself.

In this port, scummvm looks for scummvm.ini in the dvd. If it finds it it uses it, if no it will create one in memory card.

He is saying that if he puts the scummvm.ini in the dvd it doesn't work. If he doesn't put the scummvm.ini in the dvd and scummvm creates one in the memory card works.

He said that had changed something in the scummvm.ini, if you burn it whithout modifying it works?
No, don't work. T_T
so what do you meen when you said...
MrPunchy wrote:dvd without the ini file: Work well.
your sending very mixed signals mate.
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

whithout modifying the file is not the same than whithout the file.

You know about the problem?
you confusing me, the other people know what i talking about.

please if you haven't idea don't talk in the post.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

MrPunchy wrote:you confusing me, the other people know what i talking about.
MrPunchy wrote:
mac_es wrote:He said that had changed something in the scummvm.ini, if you burn it whithout modifying it works?
No, don't work. T_T
doesn't look like it to me

fyi, i knew about the dvd creating an ini if it didn't exist... witch seems like the only thing thats a known thing in this thread

EDIT: is the problem that you want the ini to work from the DVD, but it will only work from the memory card?
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Yes.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

MrPunchy wrote:Yes.
is there anyway you can pull the ini of the ps2 memory card?

btw witch version are you running? asuming that its the latest version, a bug like this would have be rectified ages ago, so it cant be a bug, nor the ini's fault... you must have done something wrong... hmmm... give me a while to think, ill get back to you.

EDIT: well the latest version's link seems to be broken, but ive found a mirror here
try again with that, maybe it wasn't supported by the one on scummvm's homepage *shrug*

one last thing, i read that you can hook up a HDD to your ps2 for scummvm, that way you could easily read files tweak them and try again without using loads of discs. just a thought
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

PsYcO wrote:
MrPunchy wrote:Yes.
btw witch version are you running? asuming that its the latest version, a bug like this would have be rectified ages ago.
Well, in 0.9.0 version when i push "quit" button on a game the scummvm back to main menu, and in 0.9.1 when i push the "quit" button the scummvm crash...

the bug are back

the scummvm.ini problem is a bug of the 0.9.1
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

0.9.1 on scummvm website is 3mb

0.9.1 RC1(i dont know if the 'RC1' bit meens anything else or if its a differant version all together) on filefront.com is 3.1mb

so you know, whatever...

what do you meen the bug is back? its sounds like the only reason why it 'bugs' is a time sensitive thing... meaning that the dvd is degrading?

as it says here there are known problems with low grade discs
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

PsYcO wrote:0.9.1 on scummvm website is 3mb

0.9.1 RC1(i dont know if the 'RC1' bit meens anything else or if its a differant version all together) on filefront.com is 3.1mb

so you know, whatever...

what do you meen the bug is back? its sounds like the only reason why it 'bugs' is a time sensitive thing... meaning that the dvd is degrading?

as it says here there are known problems with low grade discs
sorry but the scummvm 0.9.1 rc1 on filefront.com is older than the scummvm 0.9.1 on scummvm website
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

OK,

This may be a bug in this port, as it doesn't work whithout moidfying the file. Have you filled a bug report?

The story about the ini file, started a long time ago. First there was an unofficial port for ps2, after that lavospawn made a great work creating the port from scratch using 'legal' sdks.

In the first port the scummvm.ini file was in the dvd but lavospawn's port put it in the memory card. Though this is more powerfull, imho is better to put the scummvm.ini preconfigured in the dvd so you don't have to add the games manually, or if you have more than one you will get an .ini file whith all the games.

I asked in the forum if it would be possible to add the first port's feature to this port. He replied that yes and he do it.

So MrPunchy is trying whith the latest version available (the 0.X.0 needs a work on it), but if this is a bug it is only a bug in this port.

Unfortunately I hadn't tried it myself because in this port there is no virtual keyboard available so I can't play Indy3.
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

mac_es wrote:OK,

This may be a bug in this port, as it doesn't work whithout moidfying the file. Have you filled a bug report?
No, I don't know how to make it. (And if is in english...)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

MrPunchy wrote:
mac_es wrote:OK,

No, I don't know how to make it. (And if is in english...)
i think this is the site, http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418820 though, i dont know if its bug tracker for the only pc's version of scummvm
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

PsYcO wrote: i think this is the site, http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=418820 though, i dont know if its bug tracker for the only pc's version of scummvm
Thanks, I send the report.