The Feeble Files crash on Pocket Loox N500 (and BS 1+2, too)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Adventureguy

The Feeble Files crash on Pocket Loox N500 (and BS 1+2, too)

Post by Adventureguy »

Hello,
I just tried to run the German 4CD Windows version of"The Feeble Files" (a.k.a "Floyd - Es gibt noch Helden" in Germany) with the 0.10.0 release of ScummVM on my Pocket PC.
When I try to start a new game, the Winasoft.dxa file starts to play, then suddenly freezes and ScummVM exits without any console appearing. Windows Mobile tells me then that there was a problem with scummvm.exe and suggests sending a bug report to Microsoft.
This is strange, Floyd works perfect on the ScummVM Windows version, I get the crash only on my PDA. I converted all videos to dxa, but I don't know why it's not working. Any ideas what's the problem of this?
Thanks!
Last edited by Adventureguy on Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The Feeble Files is uncharted territory for me. I didn't believe anyone would try it on a WinCE device. Well, now that I see you're interested, I'll test it out and fix it (if it needs fixing) in future builds.

K.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Now that's weird. It doesn't just happen in Feeble Files, it's happening in Broken Sword 1+2 , too. Maybe it has something to do with dxa support on the WINCE build? I remember that previous builds before 0.10.0 run those dxa-cutscenes without any problems.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Well, it worked for me last time I tried. Why don't you run scummvm with the debug level raised in case you can notice any weird error messages. Alternatively => the bug tracker.