Problems with Lucasarts games (Sam n'Max and Full Throttle)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Artur Meinild

Problems with Lucasarts games (Sam n'Max and Full Throttle)

Post by Artur Meinild »

Hi. I have problems with some specific sections of Sam n' Max and Full Throttle.

In Sam n'Max I'm stuck in the T.O.L of the amusement park. I can't get the flashlight to work on the walls, and I can't use Max in the tunnel. Is there any specific way to get past this part? I simply can't get it to work.

In Full Throttle, I find that the Motorcycle fight in the beginning is overly difficult, I simply can't win that fight no matter how hard I try. Remember this is on a pocket PC phone with only arrow keys and stylus. It is *really* annoying that this fight is so difficult that it seems impossible to get past, so you can't really enjoy the rest of the game. Is there a way to skip the fight and go on with the game?

Hope someone can help me get by these sections, specifically how to do it on the Pocket PC with the controls available there. I've played both games on PC with no problem.

Thanx.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Re: Problems with Lucasarts games (Sam n'Max and Full Thrott

Post by knakos »

Artur Meinild wrote: In Sam n'Max I'm stuck in the T.O.L of the amusement park. I can't get the flashlight to work on the walls, and I can't use Max in the tunnel. Is there any specific way to get past this part? I simply can't get it to work.
I'm not sure about this one: If it truly is an issue (and it's not that you haven't solved that puzzle yet because of some missing item etc.) then please file a bug report with a savegame nearby and instructions on how to reproduce it.
Artur Meinild wrote: In Full Throttle, I find that the Motorcycle fight in the beginning is overly difficult, I simply can't win that fight no matter how hard I try.
Please review section "How do I play a game on a Pocket PC or Handheld PC device" of the readme.
Artur Meinild

Post by Artur Meinild »

Thanx for the tip on the Full Throttle solution. And, yeah I figured out what I needed to go on in Sam n'Max too, just wanted to check it wasn't a bug. So everything seems to work perfectly, thanx again for a great app. :D