HIGH RESOLUTION SCUMMVM ICONS - CHECK EM OUT!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

I can convert images to ico, I think... I think they need to be a certain size though.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

thanius wrote:Well, I think they can be a step bigger; check this link out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... icons.mspx

But still, they need to be in ICO format; and I don't know if Windows can handle alphatransparency without the use of something like Iconpackager. If anyone does manage to convert them, please mail me with the results and I'll put them up on the server!
http://www.xvsxp.com/interface/icons.php

http://ico.bradleygill.com/advanced.php

i cant really comment on this any more anyway, im still on win2k(for another week or 2, yay me!:P), and xp i just found has some features relative to .ico stuff
thanius wrote:Well, as you just posted the wikipedia entry for the Mac-icons you should know that Mac can handle icons up to 512x512 px.
yeh, sorry im feeling a bit ill not thinking strait
Meringues

Post by Meringues »

I'm using Vista and just converted acouple of the PNG files to large suitable ICO files, as you can see though, the shortcut has to have a label and has that little arrow on the bottom left corner, however, the latter can be removed with a simple registry tweak.

EDIT: oh, and this is my first post... hello :lol:
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Meringues wrote:I'm using Vista and just converted acouple of the PNG files to large suitable ICO files, as you can see though, the shortcut has to have a label and has that little arrow on the bottom left corner, however, the latter can be removed with a simple registry tweak.

EDIT: oh, and this is my first post... hello :lol:
but, there badly oversized.... and i doubt anyone would need them to be that big

hello back:)
thanius

UPDATE!

Post by thanius »

PsYcO wrote:but, there badly oversized.... and i doubt anyone would need them to be that big
EDIT: PsYcO: That's mostly because they can be resampled using Gnome to one's taste. I don't actually use them with that size, but rather 20% smaller.

I just whipped together a small homepage for the icons! Look at the first entry! :D

I also just made two Simon The Sorcerer-icons, which are up for grabs! Cheers!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

i should have asked this like 5 hours ago, but how do you get them to work(as in double click and the game plays, rather than going to the frontend)?
Meringues

Post by Meringues »

PsYcO wrote:but, there badly oversized.... and i doubt anyone would need them to be that big
No, thats just the images provided by Thanius, look on my desktop, those are the largest sizes Vista allows :)
PsYcO wrote:i should have asked this like 5 hours ago, but how do you get them to work(as in double click and the game plays, rather than going to the frontend)?
Quite easy, in windows add the following to your shortcut:

for example, inherit the earth would be...

"C:\Program Files\ScummVM\scummvm.exe" ite
Last edited by Meringues on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thanius

Post by thanius »

PsYcO wrote:i should have asked this like 5 hours ago, but how do you get them to work(as in double click and the game plays, rather than going to the frontend)?
Ah. Short answer: RTFM.

Long answer:
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/documentation.php
Last edited by thanius on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Meringues wrote:
No, thats just the images provided by Thanius, look on my desktop, those are the largest sizes Vista allows :)
well its personal preference, but two big for my taste
thanius wrote:
Ah. Short answer: RTFM.

Long answer:
http://scummvm.sourceforge.net/documentation.php
problem, i don't know what it would be called

scratch that... blind luck i suppose
thanius

Post by thanius »

PsYcO wrote:problem, i don't know what it would be called
Now I'm just being nice:

For "Monkey Island 2 - LeChuck's Revenge", create a batch-file running this command in i.e. your ScummVM-directory and then create a shortcut to that batch-file:

Code: Select all

C:\PATH_TO_SCUMMVM\scummvm.exe monkey2
Be sure to add and configure the game in the frontend first.
Meringues

Post by Meringues »

I've changed some more to windows icons, I have to say I really like these, thanks thanius, they do look better in you OS but I'll live with them ;)

I added the registry tweak to remove the arrow on the shortcut :D

Click for larger image

EDIT:

Click for larger image
I've just found that the icons are good for the games folder in Vista, you can have them full size here:

Last edited by Meringues on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thanius

Post by thanius »

Meringues wrote:I've changed some more to windows icons, I have to say I really like these, thanks thanius, they do look better in you OS but I'll live with them ;)
Thanks, glad someone else than me appreciate these. :P I'll try to make more as time goes by.
As for the OS, it should be able in Windows somehow to at least have the 128x128-sized icons; I dunno how though. You should get Linux instead! :D

Cheers!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

thanius wrote:
Meringues wrote:I've changed some more to windows icons, I have to say I really like these, thanks thanius, they do look better in you OS but I'll live with them ;)
Thanks, glad someone else than me appreciate these. :P I'll try to make more as time goes by.
As for the OS, it should be able in Windows somehow to at least have the 128x128-sized icons; I dunno how though. You should get Linux instead! :D

Cheers!
i think if you go 'display propertys-->effects-->use larger icons'
Meringues

Post by Meringues »

Thats as large as they go on the desktop in Vista, on the image I attatched that is, you can have them extra large in a folder.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

the second(games folder) one looks awesome