Nokia 6630 Audio problem

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ElPincho

Nokia 6630 Audio problem

Post by ElPincho »

Hi, I've an audio trouble with every game (Monkey Island 1 & 2, Indy 3 & 4, Maniac mansion 1 & 2).. I've a Nokia 6630 v2.39.15 and I use scummvm-051203-SymbianS60v2_all.sis and probably I don't know how to set up it, but I really tried every possibility: I changed the audio driver in the main setup or in the game one...

Should I install further libraries (Adlib and so on...)?

Please help me

Thank you very much

Claudio
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well trouble can mean lots of different things!
1. Do you get a crash? (Any kind of information dialog with error codes etc)
2. Have you tried the offical 0.8 release version?
3. Are you using somekind of compressed sounds?
4. Have you checked your multimedia sound level=

All drivers needed are present within ScummVM it self. The normal (all) distribution only supports MP3 compressed audio(and not OGG).
You should n't have to setup anything. Adding a game and launching it (for example MK2) should at least render music and snd fx( provided that you are not using Ogg compressed sound).

To reset to the intial settings remove the scummvm.ini file present in the c:\documents\scummvm folder (or escummvm folder for versions before 021203).
ElPincho

Post by ElPincho »

Anotherguest wrote:Well trouble can mean lots of different things!
1. Do you get a crash? (Any kind of information dialog with error codes etc)
2. Have you tried the offical 0.8 release version?
3. Are you using somekind of compressed sounds?
4. Have you checked your multimedia sound level=

All drivers needed are present within ScummVM it self. The normal (all) distribution only supports MP3 compressed audio(and not OGG).
You should n't have to setup anything. Adding a game and launching it (for example MK2) should at least render music and snd fx( provided that you are not using Ogg compressed sound).

To reset to the intial settings remove the scummvm.ini file present in the c:\documents\scummvm folder (or escummvm folder for versions before 021203).
Sorry, I forgot 2 write the problem... I HEAR NOTHING... I tried the official 0.8 too but nothing... then I thought the ROM could be damaged and I tried with ScummVM Win32. In every game I could hear something except Monkey Island 1.

Where can I check my multimedia sound level? If I've to check in Options --> Audio I see all three volmes at 85 with Music driver default.

Thank you again for the support

Clax
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

The multimedia .. is the volume in your phone not in ScummVM!

Do you have any problems with sound in any other kind of game!? It might be turned down. Try changing the current profile in your phone.

I have n't heard any other kind of reports of this not working. Please checking there are any logs (not the ini file) in the documents\scummvm or escummvm folder that might indicate the cause of the error.
ElPincho

Post by ElPincho »

Anotherguest wrote:The multimedia .. is the volume in your phone not in ScummVM!

Do you have any problems with sound in any other kind of game!? It might be turned down. Try changing the current profile in your phone.

I have n't heard any other kind of reports of this not working. Please checking there are any logs (not the ini file) in the documents\scummvm or escummvm folder that might indicate the cause of the error.
It's a strange conflict... for turning on my volume I had to switch on the audio of other 2 games (Bubble bobble & Puzzle bobble), it is a nonsense... and there are still other games with the audio switched off.. so is there a GENERAL panel for the multimedia volume?

10x

P.s. The MAIN Volume before the switching was at the top...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

If you are running another game in the backgroup that might be blocking the audio in other applications. Not sure what can affect it otherways. Not sure if there is a global volume in the S60 phones, this is set by each application, to 50% of max in the Symbian version not to set the volume to loud.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

ElPincho wrote:then I thought the ROM could be damaged and I tried with ScummVM Win32.
ROM? what do you mean?

Eugene
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well lots of the users of symbian phones think that ScummVM is an emulator and regard the game data files as ROM files which is totally wrong of course.