Monkey Island 1 and 2 crash

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Makt

Monkey Island 1 and 2 crash

Post by Makt »

Don't know if this is the right section but I don't have the time to figure out.

When I try to launch Monkey Island 1 or 2 the PSP just goes back to it's menu browser, though I have played through both of them before on the PSP, so they have worked. But now they don't for some reason.
I tried playing another game (Gobliiins, even though I can't get past the first page lol), and it worked.
I'm getting the files from another source to see if it's the files there's wrong with.
Anyone know anything?

A quick answer would be appreciated, as I'm leaving for vacation for a month in about 36 hours.

Also, some unrelated and unimportant questions.
Are there any more FREEWARE games for scumm like B.A.S.S.?
Is the Broken Sword download on the scumm page just the videos/cutscenes? (No gaming at all?)
Is there any way I can compress Monkey Island 3 to a lower size? If so, how much?
Are there originally voices on MI1 and 2?

Thanks.
clem

Re: Monkey Island 1 and 2 crash

Post by clem »

Makt wrote:I'm getting the files from another source to see if it's the files there's wrong with.
while I'm risking to appear oversensitive here, this sounds like a violation of forum rule #0

(accordingly no answer to the other questions from me)
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: Monkey Island 1 and 2 crash

Post by PsYcO »

clem wrote:
Makt wrote:I'm getting the files from another source to see if it's the files there's wrong with.
while I'm risking to appear oversensitive here, this sounds like a violation of forum rule #0

(accordingly no answer to the other questions from me)
to me it seems like he bought the game, then possibly downloaded them illegally just to test to see if the files he originally had were corrupt or something

i dont see anything wrong with that, alas i have no idea what the problem is

but makt ill attempt to answer your other questions
1.Flight of the Amazon Queen is also free
2.yes, only the cutscenes are availibly
3.yes, unsure about sizes, the audio can be converted to .mp3 CBR, and i have no clue about video, but .dxa i recall being talked about on here, the tools are free and the video converter is somewhere on ScummVM site but i cant find it
4.no

EDIT: about compression, its all in the readme, but i cant understand a word of it:P
Makt

Post by Makt »

acquiring MI in Norway is next to impossible I'd say, except if I import from America or something. but if I saw it then I'd buy it instantly. And AFAIK I'm not breaking rule #0

0) No Warez. No Abandonware discussions. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, even if you already own another version of it, or to replace damaged media. Consider Copyright FAQ.

As it says, no discussions, requests, et cetera.

Well I fixed the problem, I just re-added the games in the scumm menu and after that it worked.

I used to own Monkey Island 3, but I borrowed it to someone and he never returned it. but I got the ISO's ripped.

I already downloaded FotAQ, but thanks anyway.
clem

Post by clem »

Makt wrote:acquiring MI in Norway is next to impossible I'd say, except if I import from America or something. but if I saw it then I'd buy it instantly. And AFAIK I'm not breaking rule #0

0) No Warez.[snip]
so you can't get it easily ("easily" being a relative term)
so you download it
and then you claim that is not warez?

AFAIK you are breaking rule #0

clem
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

clem wrote:so you can't get it easily ("easily" being a relative term)
so you download it
and then you claim that is not warez?

AFAIK you are breaking rule #0
Yes, that is breaking rule #0.
Makt, you will not find any further help here.