ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jak66

slight bug in simon 1 and 2

Post by jak66 »

Hi Agentq, just tried this beta with Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, however, when I am in the save screen (and load screen), trying to use the keyboard will crash the game. Using the keyboard anywhere else works fine.

I'm using a R4DS with 1.10 firmware and DOS CD versions of both games.
Last edited by jak66 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TinkyJo

Post by TinkyJo »

clem wrote:
TinkyJo wrote:This may get asked all the time, but any chance a future update will support Sierra's SCI games?
probably not.

and yes, this IS getting asked all the time, as a quick forum search could have showed (and answered) you
:? Well actually, I did do a forum search before posting, and I could find only two posts in the DS port section that mentioned SCI games and only one post that addressed my question. (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... hlight=sci)
The post was from almost a year ago, so I thought plans might have changed...
clem

Post by clem »

TinkyJo wrote::? Well actually, I did do a forum search before posting, and I could find only two posts in the DS port section that mentioned SCI games and only one post that addressed my question. (http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... hlight=sci)
The post was from almost a year ago, so I thought plans might have changed...
admittedly, I might have been a bit too harsh - sorry for that

you missed the posts in other forums:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... hlight=sci

and as a bonus:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418823
(this was ~2 weeks ago, but I can't blame you for not looking there)

clem
slizekalfer

Post by slizekalfer »

Ymir wrote:Hello,
I have a problem,I've tried to use Gobliins 2 and Space quest 4 no this new version of scummvmds but they doesn't work.
I select scummvm-d then when I try to add the game in scumm list it says "Scummvm couldnot find any game in the specified directory"
The scumm files are correctly patched with the dldi for my R4.
In fact Simon the sorcerer 2 works perfeclty with the Scummvm-c.
Anyone can please tell me how to run Gobliins 2 and sierra games please?
Space Quest 4 doesn't work because it doesn't use Sierra's AGI engine.

List of AGI Games
Big robot Bill

Post by Big robot Bill »

Big robot Bill wrote:Bug Report

Using: R4 and Kingsten 1GB microSD

Game: Goblins Quest 3 CD (v1.000/DOS/English) (ScummVM build D)

Issue: Once I start the game up, the Coktel logo comes on and does it's thing and then it goes to a blank screen and no buttons work and nothing loads. My copy of the game came from the original disc, if that matters. I'm also using the default settings in ScummVM to boot it and such. I double checked to ensure I have all the required files for Golbins 3, which I do.
I just noticed something that may be affecting the game. The ScummVM programs are labeled "A, B, C, C, C, C". Is it supposed to be like that?...

:?

EDIT: Nevermind.
highpass

Post by highpass »

I've been playing around with LSL1, and it's quite a chore. The game itself works fine, but anything involving keyboard entry requires three thousand presses before registering on the input line (eg: keyboard lights up as expected, but is latent on the game screen itself). Has anyone else come across this?

Setup: DSX formatted in FAT32.
hersuri

Re: ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Post by hersuri »

agentq wrote:Build A:
All Lucasarts games from Manic Mansion to Sam & Max Hit the Road
What a nasty surprise! The readme that came with just says "all Lucasarts games" and it made me think that Full Throttle had somehow been supported :(
Adzma

Post by Adzma »

I tried running Space Quest I and II but when saving or loading it plays a really loud buzzing sound. It still saves/loads correctly, but the sound does not cease. Any ideas?
tomten

Re: ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Post by tomten »

A really minor suggestion here:

Would it be a problem to leave all builds either DLDI unpatched or DLDI patched in the final release - for consistency?

(For example: In 0.10.0b1, build A is GBAMPCF DLDI patched, the others are not. This could be confusing for people who use a device which does auto-patching, but where the DLDI check made by ScummVM doesn't detect this auto-patching. (For devices with true DLDI auto-patching, this is of course no problem.))
calavera

Post by calavera »

i love scummds, best invention ever!

the only bug ive got is that my text sometimes goes stupidly fast, even when i have it set to slow. It cures itself after i open and close the options window but it is a bit of an annoyance. im using an r4 with the latest firmware. dunno if its just me or not.
the-chief

Post by the-chief »

about the AGI games...

Its really hard having the characters walk into a next screen with the point & click. Try it with Kings quest I.

Would it be possible to enable the left keypad? So the character keeps walking left if you press the left button ?

BTW i couldnt ever dream of playing AGI games on a handheld 20 years ago ;)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Would it be possible to enable the left keypad? So the character keeps walking left if you press the left button ?
If you press X to show the keyboard, you can then use the d-pad to walk around. I fixed a bug with it recenly, so it's possible it won't work in the build you have.

the only bug ive got is that my text sometimes goes stupidly fast, even when i have it set to slow. It cures itself after i open and close the options window but it is a bit of an annoyance. im using an r4 with the latest firmware. dunno if its just me or not.
Which game are you playing?

Would it be a problem to leave all builds either DLDI unpatched or DLDI patched in the final release - for consistency?
Yeah, that was probably just because I patched build A to test it before making the archive. I intended to leave them all unpatched.

I tried running Space Quest I and II but when saving or loading it plays a really loud buzzing sound. It still saves/loads correctly, but the sound does not cease. Any ideas?
I've tried this, and it doesn't happen to me. Although I did fix a bug that could be related to this, so I would suggest you try again when I release the next beta.

I've been playing around with LSL1, and it's quite a chore. The game itself works fine, but anything involving keyboard entry requires three thousand presses before registering on the input line (eg: keyboard lights up as expected, but is latent on the game screen itself). Has anyone else come across this?
I've fixed this bug, it will work properly in the next beta.

I just noticed something that may be affecting the game. The ScummVM programs are labeled "A, B, C, C, C, C". Is it supposed to be like that?...
Nope, thanks for noticing. I didn't make the icons for the D, E and F builds. I'll put that in the next beta.

Hi Agentq, just tried this beta with Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, however, when I am in the save screen (and load screen), trying to use the keyboard will crash the game. Using the keyboard anywhere else works fine.
I've fixed this bug. It will work properly in the next beta.
calavera

Post by calavera »

Which game are you playing?

it was the white lable cd version of monkey island.

it behaved itself after a while, so im not sure wat happened, dosnt happen on ne other games although i havnt tryed monkey island 2 yet.
Last edited by calavera on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Is it something to do with starting the game with the A button rather than tapping on 'Start' with the pen?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

One more thing to add. What are your thoughts about having two different resolutions on the same, exact screen?

What I'm thinking is to allow the user to set a customized line where the screen breaks from 1x to sized to fit.

Basically, the main graphics and backgrounds would be 1x while the commands, inventory, or options (top portion of the screen for AGI games) would be sized to fit.
Yeah, this is something I've thought about doing, as a matter of fact. It would help the small text that appears at the top of the screen in Indy3 to be shown at 1:1 ratio. I'm not sure what I'd do about it going off the right side of the screen though.

Personally, I would have it the other way round. The inventory would be 1x (because it contains a lot of text) and the game screen could be sized to fit. I would do it this way because it seems like text is harmed more than the graphics by the scaling.