ScummVM DS 0.10.0 beta1 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There's no problem. Just hold left shoulder and use the d-pad to scroll the screen down.
morukutsu

Post by morukutsu »

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm French)
I've tested this new release with Goblins 3 and I've save issues .
I can save but when I want to load the save, sometimes it disapear and I lost my progression in the game.
I tried to force SRAM save but my linker is an R4DS (with the latest firmware, the 1.10 with Dldi auto patching) and It doesn't work :? .
The save engine create save file on the SD in my game folder.

Otherwise, the game runs very flawlessly with a perfect sound emulations, thanks !

Can you help me to solve my save problem ?
dourden

Post by dourden »

I'm using 1.71 firmware and sclt DLDI library.

If if use them with a 0.9X version it save but I get an error when I load the save game but now it works perfectly :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I've tested this new release with Goblins 3 and I've save issues .
I can save but when I want to load the save, sometimes it disapear and I lost my progression in the game.
Have you tried saving in any other game? (you should try Beneath a Steel Sky, which can be downloaded for free from this website)

You could also try formatting your card to FAT16 and see if it helps.
neko

Post by neko »

I don't think this is really important but sound doesn't work sometimes after playing a previous NDS game and resetting with R4 fast reset option. This has happened twice trying to play Monkey Island.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I don't think this is really important but sound doesn't work sometimes after playing a previous NDS game and resetting with R4 fast reset option. This has happened twice trying to play Monkey Island.
If the R4 doesn't reset the hardware to the same state as it was when run for the first time, this is something that would need to be fixed in the R4 firmware.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Has anyone else played Goblins 3 and saved ok?

Or have you had problems? Please post either way and let me know.
puki

Goblins 3

Post by puki »

I´ve tried saving with R4 and i´m able to save/load using default name for saved game. For example, the name for the saved game in the first stage (the flying ship) is "nave" in my language, if I change that name the game won´t be saved; I have to use the default name.

Something i think is a bug is that I can scroll screen to the right with the cursor, but no to the left. Tell me if i´m doing something wrong or is a real bug.

Thanks for your attention and very good work :wink:
Badablek

Re: Goblins 3

Post by Badablek »

puki wrote:I´ve tried saving with R4 and i´m able to save/load using default name for saved game. For example, the name for the saved game in the first stage (the flying ship) is "nave" in my language, if I change that name the game won´t be saved; I have to use the default name.

Something i think is a bug is that I can scroll screen to the right with the cursor, but no to the left. Tell me if i´m doing something wrong or is a real bug.

Thanks for your attention and very good work :wink:
I'm not able to scroll left too in Golbins 3
Start does not work (is it supposed to work ?) and the menu do not work when I go up.

DS Lite + M3 Simply + firmware 1.06

Start does not work too with Simon The sorcerer 2.
Last edited by Badablek on Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

In Gobliins 3, you have to touch the very left hand pixel to scroll left and the very right hand pixel to scroll right. If your touch screen calibration is very slightly off you might not be able to get all the way to the left or right.

You can adjust the mouse cursor position slightly by pressing Select and fiddling with the X slider at the bottom of the screen.

I'll have to work out some kind of 'snap to border' behaviour to make this work better.
LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

I was unable to save in Gob 3 :( How did you guys do it? I also could not scroll to the left, and I tried adjusting screen calibration. (I'm using an SC Lite).

Besides that the game runs flawlessly :D
chrisis

Elvira sort of works

Post by chrisis »

Ok, I just tested Elvira 1 (Dos version) with build C and actually it sort of works, at least it starts, even the music is working, only problem is, I can't save (the virtual keyboard doesn't input any characters).
I know, it's not officialy supported by the DS-version (at least you didn't mention it in your post), but since it's based on the same engine as the Simon games, I just tried it out. I actually was surprised that it got recognized at all ;-).
Perhaps it would be possible to sort out these things? Would be great!

Oh, and I love the new feature that shows the cursor, all games I've tested work like a charm with the beta on my DS with Supercard CF! Great work.
morukutsu

Post by morukutsu »

To scroll left, touch the screen at the left border and press A (zoom).

If I don't change the save filename, I have the same problem -_- .
When a load a bugged file Blount appears in the top left hand corner and he can't move .
I'll try to make a video tonight .
LurkerScum

Post by LurkerScum »

Just tried out Sam and Max. Worked fine until I tried saving at which point it froze :(
Big robot Bill

Post by Big robot Bill »

Downloading now. I'll also be trying out Goblins 3 and probably Sam and Max.