ASUS A696

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

As it is stated in the forum rules, we insist on bug reports to be submitted through the bug tracker so that they are processed properly. Please submit this there, and thanks for the report.

What I see here does not make me happy at all (e.g. as-is this is not detectable), and additionally I'd like you to run scummvm in all system orientations (portrait, left hand landscape & right hand landscape, set through the settings application of your device). Note that the two *.txt files are overwritten each time you run scummvm, so be sure to keep and label those.

EDIT: Actually, it's not that difficult for me to see why this device will not play the majority of fullscreen applications right: It simply reports bogus info; Some developer must not have read the API through. If no workaround exists, I'm not willing to clobber up existing code - I'll probably add a force orientation flag but only if this is truly necesary.
anubis

Post by anubis »

knakos - Thanks for your help.

luzy - Have you tried to apply the a696 horizontal display update patch from asus website? Please let me know if it did any good.

http://www.speedyshare.com/965929742.html
luzi200

Post by luzi200 »

anubis - it works great with the lcd-patch. mouse works, portrait mode works. landscape is upside down, but i can rotate the pda :-)
anubis

Post by anubis »

That's great. Well done.

Tell me please, luzi, have you encountered problems with other games and emulators? Because according to asus' forum, some games (such as pocket heroes) are still having issues even after applying the patch.
luzi200

Post by luzi200 »

I can't tell you something to other games except of monopoly and skat. These games works really fine and pocketscumm works fine, too. That's all I want :D
anubis

Post by anubis »

I would appreciate it if you try pocketsnes/morphgear and let me know.

Thank you.
luzi200

Post by luzi200 »

Can you tell me where to get the emus and some games to test?
anubis

Post by anubis »

Last edited by anubis on Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clem

Post by clem »

anubis wrote: Just search google for snes roms and you'll find many, or message me on icq and I'll send you some.
I may be banned from the forum if I type the links here.
you may also get banned because offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. (forum rule #0)

clem
anubis

Post by anubis »

Sorry :( . I meant legal roms of course.