scummVM on HP iPAQ hw6915

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BigOne

scummVM on HP iPAQ hw6915

Post by BigOne »

Hi guys, I've downloaded a couple of version of scummVM but no one works fine on iPAQ hw6915. I suppose the problem is the strange resolution (240*240), that cut off the right part of the screen, showing just 2/3 of the game screen. Moreover the scummVM misinterpret the click zone assuming, probably, that it's showing the playing screen completely (and is not) and calculating erroneously the right position of the cursor.
Is there any version that doesn't have this issues on 240*240 screens?
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Support has greatly improved lately. Please try out the svn build available on the top of the wince subforum or wait for the 0-10-0 release which is imminent.
BigOne

Post by BigOne »

Just tried svn version. Tested it with two games: Sam&Max and CMI.
S&M works fine, resolution is correct, no frame problem.
CMI doesn't.
The odd thing is that with an old verion (Arisme one) it works almost fine, screen is cutted (but almost totally visible) working fine. In the svn version it's all messed up...
here are some screenshot (1st shot is old verion, then two shot of the svn one):

ImageImageImage
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

You cannot play any VGA-class games on QVGA square devices currently. This includes COMI, the broken swords and touche. The reason for this is that there is no suitable scaler to downsample the graphics. The reason for the absence of such scaler is that the graphics would look extra ugly, rendering the game almost unplayable. On the other hand, the actual display dimensions for QVGA square devices may have some potential for implementing one. I would suggest to file a feature request, while I ponder over this issue.