HE games on Treo 680

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kandresen

HE games on Treo 680

Post by kandresen »

I've got ScummVM and scumm.engine loaded and get the front-end; I read the forums and found out how to go directly to the ScummVM launcher; I've got Putt-Putt Enters the Race datafiles in /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/PUTTRACE...

... and the launcher says "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory"

Any help?
sorceror

Re: HE games on Treo 680

Post by sorceror »

kandresen wrote:I've got ScummVM and scumm.engine loaded and get the front-end;
Well, I've gotten as far as launching a Humongous game on a Treo 650, but it falters and crashes pretty fast. I put "Putt Putt Goes To The Moon" in "/palm/Programs/Scummvm/Games/puttmoon/", and I'm using the Palm skin, not the built in launcher. The "Path" is set to the above value, the "Game" is set to "puttmoon", and the "Engine" is set to "Scumm Games". All other options are set to defaults.

I can launch, but there's no sound, the titles play and then there's some corrupt animation, and it crashes back to the Palm launcher.

Based on other threads here, it doesn't look like any Humongous games are supported for PalmOS yet. Is there any help that we could give toward getting them running, at least the older, lower-res ones?