Moderator: ScummVM Team

robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Experimental WinCE build

Post by robinwatts »

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a WinCE SVN build of Scummvm to the following site:

http://www.wss.co.uk/scummvm/

The build (scummvm_070519_EXPERIMENTAL_SOUND.exe) is a standard build from SVN, with a couple of changes:

* Firstly and most importantly, it has some experimental sound mixing code in. This should hopefully boost performance on lower end machines. I've tested this as best I can with the games that I have, but there are several cases that haven't been tested. I'd love for other people to give it a whirl and let me know how they get on.

* My 'double sizing' DXA patch is included - you should notice no difference with this at all unless you are using DXA files encoded to <= 1/4 of the screen size, in which case you'll suddenly see them full screen.

* The SDL lib and main application have been built with slightly different options to GCC that should make the binary fractionally faster, and fractionally smaller.

This should not in any way be considered an 'official' build! All the patches herein have been (or are being) submitted to the maintainers for their approval, and so should (if they are accepted) filter through into official releases in the future.

Any test results from peoples trialing of this version would be gratefully received though.

Thanks,

Robin
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

Is this an ARM build :?:

Greetz
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

Yes, it's an ARM build.

Do you seriously have a WinCE based machine that's fast enough/got enough memory to run Scummvm that *isn't* an ARM based device?

Robin
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

If have access to a device which is running on WinCE 5.0 and is based on a dual core MIPS32 Micronas DeCypher 8100 chip and I think around 256MB ram.
The device is still unter development but I tried Arisme´s version of PocketScumm and it´s already running. :D
But unfortunately this version is rather old (V0.7.1).
So from time to time I´m just looking for a newer MIPS version to play with. :)
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

I'm surprised. My understanding was that all WinCE devices since Pocket PC 2002 were ARM only.

At any rate, the experimental sound changes I alluded to in the previous message are that I have ARM coded them - so they wouldn't be applicable to a MIPS build anyway.

Sorry,

Robin
robinwatts
ScummVM Developer

Post by robinwatts »

[quote="robinwatts"]I'm surprised. My understanding was that all WinCE devices since Pocket PC 2002 were ARM only.[/quote]

Just to follow myself up, it looks like WinCE has indeed continued for non-ARM processors - it's just "Pocket PC" stuff that's been ARM only since the 2002 version.
Lostech

Post by Lostech »

THX for your infos.:)