Format glitch on the homepage

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LogicDeLuxe

Format glitch on the homepage

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

Sometimes, the "What Is ScummVM?"-box has just the width of its header, and there's a large gap between it and the menu bar at the right.
I'm using Windows 2000 and Mozilla Firefox.
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

I can confirm this, but I thought, it was a special problem of my setup ...

:oops:

best Regards

Frank
clem

Post by clem »

according to #scummvm, this is a bug in Mozilla Firefox, apparently it's fixed in yesterday's 1.5 release - never happens here anymore
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I.e. there is a bug in computation of nested tables. That fact that it is a really browser bug is seen from nature of "fixing" it, i.e. reloading does the trick.

Eugene
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

However, in the end, the problem is triggered by our use of nested tables for layout purposes...

Of course this has practical & compatibility reasons. But maybe over time we can move to a more CSS based layout and thus avoid the problem altogether. Of course this'll pose the new problem of staying compatible with older IE versions etc. :-)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:more CSS based layout and thus avoid the problem altogether. Of course this'll pose the new problem of staying compatible with older IE versions etc. :-)
Oh, yes. Proper CSS approach was taken first, but then, because of "MSIE semi-browser" we had no choice but use tables.

Eugene
trin

Post by trin »

Still happens with Firefox 1.5. *sigh* thought they fixed it.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Now they have a "report broken Web site..." item in help menu. So more people report it, more chances that they will fix it sooner.

Eugene