TX and Loom

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RandyHSmith

TX and Loom

Post by RandyHSmith »

I've probably made a dumb error, but I can't figure out what it is. I've used ScummVM in Windows with no problem. But I can't get the Palm version of recognize the Loom files.

My TX has a 1Gb card that is less than 25% used. The entries in the Game Manager-Game dialog are as follows:
Entry name: Loom
Path: /Big Card/PALM/programs/ScummVM/Games/LOOM/
Game: loom
Engine: SCUMM Games

When I try to run the game, I get an error that reads "Error importing Files: please check that all required files are installed on the selected memony card, and you have enough free storage memory." But I hasve 789 Mb free on the card and the folowing files are present in the directory above:
000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL
DISK01.LEC

All sound is disabled. These same files work fine on my PC.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of get Loom running on my TX?

Randy
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Im useing an e2 and have experienced this problem
the card name is not nessisary to input as u can select the cards location from the menu u
ie u would only need to input:
/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/Loom
I made this mistake as well, as documented in the thread: palmOS compatibility listings
Hope this helps you play
GloKidd(Grant Yeager)
RandyHSmith

Post by RandyHSmith »

Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I removed the name of the card from the path and the program still can't find them.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Randy
Lord Savage

Post by Lord Savage »

Are scumm.engine, scumm.data and common.data located in the Mods directory of your card? Did you hotsync over both the Scummvm.prc and Sin.pdb to your TX?
RandyHSmith

Post by RandyHSmith »

Lord Savage wrote:Are scumm.engine, scumm.data and common.data located in the Mods directory of your card? Did you hotsync over both the Scummvm.prc and Sin.pdb to your TX?
I assume that Sin.pdb is actually Skin.pcb?<G>

I just checked on the other three files that should be in the Mods directory and they are not there, according to FileZ. Ii know I moved them at the same time I installed the others, but I've moved a lot of data on anf off the card since them. I'll put them back in place when I get home and see how that works.

Thanks. I figured it was operator error.

Randy
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

if it's in /palm/programs/scummvm/games/ you just need to enter loom/ as path.
For the import problem always check if the selected card is the one with the engines in it.

For info, an ARM pre-version is now available with MP3 support.
RandyHSmith

Post by RandyHSmith »

Thanks to everyone for their help. I discovered that the files I was using for Loom worked on the Windows version of ScummVM, but I needed the files from the original floppy for the Palm. After digging out the original disk, the game now looks just like it did then only smaller.

One final problem, has anyone else had a problem with the volume? It is painfully loud when using headphones and very distorted without. I've played with the volume sliders and they don't seem to make any difference.

Thanks again.

Randy
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

i'll check the volume control
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

well, can you register a bit of sound, I don't have this kind of feedback with other TX users

RandyHSmith

Post by RandyHSmith »

I tried the PC speaker setting and it works (at least, it works as well as a PC speaker emulation can).

When the TX is set to AdLib or FM-Towns (whatever that is), I seem to have no control over the volume, which is set to an extremely high level.

Now that I think of it, does the original, floppy-based game even have support for anything other than the PC speaker?

So don't worry about it. I can play with the PC speaker sounds.

Thanks for a great program.

Randy