Fallout 2 ON PSP ? Please

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HeyDude

Fallout 2 ON PSP ? Please

Post by HeyDude »

Good evening everyone.
I am young French and I came to speak to you about the software "ScummVM".

First of all I am in love with the video game Fallout 2 on PC, and I, why the software couldn't is always to ask read it?
It is a play Point&Click not?

It would be really splendid if you could make it turned, all the community of the amateurs of Fallout would be happy on the news!

Thanks !
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

http://www.scummvm.org/faq.php#AEN76

Plus, Fallout 2 is outside the scope of ScummVM, i.e. it's not a point'n'click graphical adventure, so I highly doubt it'll ever be added to ScummVM. There are a lot of games which are "point'n'click", but not all of them are adventure games
HeyDude

Post by HeyDude »

Ohhhhhhhhhh :(

Why... ?
Fallout is very old...
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Please understand what's a point'n'click adventure game, ScummVM is not the MAME of computer retrogaming.

This engine can be a lot more appropiate for you: http://www.fifengine.de
TribeHasSpoken

Post by TribeHasSpoken »

For some reason it can be very easy to misunderstand what the point of the SCUMMVM project is, even though it's stated quite explicitly on the site. I'll admit that a few years ago I believed that the project was actually about emulating Lucasarts' iMuse sound system, and tried to see if I could get sound for Dark Forces working with it.

My only theory is that a project like this makes it easy to think about what they think it should do, as opposed to what it actually aims to do.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

And *my* theory is that most people on the internet will not bother to read the first paragraph on a project's website which quite clearly describes what the project does, and what not.

Rather, they will see a few keywords, jump to quick (often wrong) conclusions based on virtually no information, won't bother to read the rest of the first page, or do any other kind of even the most simple research on the subject themselves.
Instead they directly proceed to ask all sorts of questions on the forums. After all it's so much quicker and cheaper to let others discover what you want to know and then just read their executive summary custom taylored for you.

Note that I am not even *dreaming* of suggesting that one might, for example, glance at the list of frequently asked questions first or search the forums, or something silly like that...