Can't complete Full Throttle - German Version

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

GBuster

Can't complete Full Throttle - German Version

Post by GBuster »

Hello,

I've got a Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox 718 (Windows Mobile 2003 SE, VGA Device) and bought a brand new SanDisk 1GB SD-Card. I've played Full Throttle for some time and came to the scene where you stand on the street with the crashed truck and where the fertilizer is on the ground. So i took the fertilizer, took my bike and drove to the top on the screen (yellow sign appears). But then: Crash. The Debug Info is:

ERROR: (13:83:0xD25): invalid seek request : 136905820 > 3935324 (delta == 1365831242)

So I tried to take the other way at the bottom of the screen. The scene is shown as it has to be, but if there is an Exit like "Minerd. 4" and I take it, i'll get the following Error-Message:

ERROR: (13:83:0xD4D): invalid seek request : -1279183929 > 13113642 (delta == -1280810643)

Why does this error occur and how to solve it? I use the German Version of Full Throttle, Version 0.8.0 of ScummVM (official), took the original files of the CD and compressed the .SAN files with the tool that come with ScummVM for Win32.

Please help me, I liked this game so much.

Regards,

GBuster
Matt

Post by Matt »

Please use the bug tracker.
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

You should also make sure that your data files were correctly copied, especcially if your cds are severly scratched..
GUN

Post by GUN »

you could try to check

if the error will be also there , if the Files orginal (means uncompressed)
ProCycon

Post by ProCycon »

exists in the meantime a solution for this problem?

i run the german version of full throttle with scum 0.8 on a Dell Axim X50v and have exactly the same problem.
thats very harm, because it is an very good game and it makes fun to play it on my ppc everywhere i want to play.

mhm... the test with the uncompressed files i haven't done yet, but for that, i have first to free space on the storage card...
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

I've submitted this as a bug already, together with what caused it and how to prevent it from appearing. Have a look here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=418820

To quote myself:
Found what's causing this

If I compress the SAN files in the DATA folder, then this
error occurs at old mine road. By the looks of it, the
game script files point to a certain offset in those SAN
files, which is different if they're compressed. When
using the uncompressed SAN files, the game works fine

So, to avoid errors during the old mine road sequence,
don't compress the SAN files in the DATA folder. The SAN
files in the VIDEO folder can be compressed without
causing trouble.

Please, update ScummVM's readme with this information, or
if possible fix that part of the code so that ScummVM can
work with compressed SAN files in the DATA folder
Hope this helps :)
ProCycon

Post by ProCycon »

yes thanks.
with the uncompressed files the game runs without this error.

but now, i have a new problem...

the 4 or 5 fights at the motorbike against the other drivers (after the mink road, by the ravine) are impossible for me to complete, because everytime i drive from the mainroad to the side streets in the rocks, it lags. and so, i lose the most fights :/

or only to drive on the side streets is impossible, because i have to steer the bike with the stick on the touchscreen through the circles, but when the stick is on the touchscreen, i take every exit from the road. but when i take the stick away, i can't steer and my bike crashes....

any suggestions for that problem?