Torin's Passage?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JustAGamer

Torin's Passage?

Post by JustAGamer »

Any plans to implement Torin's Passage?
It's a old, but good, windows 3.1 point and click adventure, and it barely works on XP :-p
Collector

Post by Collector »

The game is an SCI game. So unless ScummVM absorbs FreeSCI and manages to support any of the later SCI games, I would not count on it. However, the Windows version game works just fine on all four of my XP machines. The DOS version is also very easy to get going in DOSBox.
Desperado

Post by Desperado »

the Windows version game works just fine on all four of my XP machines
The windows version doesn't work correctly on xp. There's a memory problem at the end of the game. The game crashes when Torin enters in Lycentia's room.
Collector

Post by Collector »

I'm assuming that you used the TORINPAT patch which addresses a General Protection Fault error in the Windows version. I'll admit that I did not play the Windows version of Torrin's all of the way through in XP, but did play a good part of the 1st half with no trouble. JustAGamer said that it barely ran in XP. The DOS version still runs easily in DOSBox.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Heh. This just happens to be about the only Sierra game I have ;)