Idiot Question

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

alen

Idiot Question

Post by alen »

Sorry, this is kind of an idiot question but where do i get the full games? Cause i only know where to get beneath a steel sky, i was jsut wondering where do you get them and how? Do you download them somewhere or do you have to buy them?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Idiot Question

Post by eriktorbjorn »

alen wrote:Sorry, this is kind of an idiot question but where do i get the full games? Cause i only know where to get beneath a steel sky, i was jsut wondering where do you get them and how? Do you download them somewhere or do you have to buy them?
As you have already discovered, the creators of Beneath a Steel Sky have made the game freely distributable. The same thing applies to Flight of the Amazon Queen. Both these games can be found on the ScummVM downloads Web page.

The other games have to be bought. How difficult they are to find depends on where you live. Around here, in Sweden, I frequently find The Dig, Full Throttle, The Curse of Monkey Island and the Broken Sword games on sale. I've also seen Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max and the Simon the Sorcerer games a couple of times.

Wyrmkeep Entertainment are selling Inherit the Earth and Adventure Soft Publishing were still selling the Simon the Sorcerer games last time I checked. LucasArts used to sell some of their older games, but I don't know if they still do. They seem completely obsessed with Star Wars these days...

Other than that, you may have to look at places like eBay for second-hand copies.