ScummVM 0.9.1a beta1 released for testing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

skk-depth

Post by skk-depth »

Hi,

this release is working perfectly for me.

The previous 0.9.1 version didn't work for me, most of the times i would get "flashcard not found" message and only sometimes it would randomly work.

But now this version fixed it all (Only tested build A).

I'm using m3lite and Kingstone 1Gb MicroSD.

Thanks a lot and keep up the great work!
tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:It will be saving that is the problem.

Although I don't expect I'll be able to fix it until DSX release some kind of FAT driver. Which they don't seem to be keeping their promise on.
Did they even make such a promise?

It won't help that you get your own DS-X to test with? :/
kalidan14

Post by kalidan14 »

agentq wrote:Kalidan14, perhaps the fixes don't make the supercard 100% reliable then. You don't say if you've made more than one save, and get the error with all of them? Or if this only happens with one particular save. It would be good to know.

I've tried making multiple saves. None of them work unfortunately. I don't know if this matters either but when this error occurs, the program takes me to the "console/debuger/type in command lines" (sorry for lack of correct term) screen. Is there a way to get from this "command" screen back to the game?

Also, I've only tried saving in Fate of Atlantis and have yet to try any other games. I'll try some other ones to see if they work.

Thanks for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated!
SigENeaT

Sam and Max talkie

Post by SigENeaT »

Hey hey!! I think i have found a bit of a functionality bug (i think) with ScummVM and Sam and Max >.>

Playing the Sam and Max talkie atm and im on the revolving restaurant, enjoying the view.
Anyhoo, once you have jammed the wires in to the binoculars so that you can control the rotation its not possible to control the rotation of the diner. From what i remember playing the game on PC you have to use left and right mouse clicks to signal the rotation to stop/slow down/speed up in either direction.

From what i can tell this is due to the way the right mouse click is setup for the game; instead of the button to signal a right mouse click 'switching on' right mouse click mode it cycles through the different functions (look, use, pickup, etc)... but i may be wrong. In any case, does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
Cheers ^_^
kalidan14

Post by kalidan14 »

So using my SC Lite I tested the following games to see if they would run and also if the could save and load.

Monkey Island 1
Monkey Island 1 (Speech CD Version)
Monkey Island 2
Indiana Jones 1
Indiana Jones 2
Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road (the non-speech version)

So here's what I found...
-All of them ran except for Monkey Island 1 (speech)
-I could create saves with all of the games I was able to run. (i.e. I saved the game, screen popped up saying “game has been saved as…”, and a save file was created on my SD card)
-Unfortunately, not all the games could load the saves.
GAMES THAT DID NOT LOAD:
-Monkey Island 2
-Indiana Jones 2
-Day of the Tentacle
-with all these games I created multiple saves and tried to load each one. Everytime I tried to load the saved game I would get the same error message as I did before. (see original post concerning Indiana Jones 2 save error). The only difference between the error messages were the numbers that were listed in the error message.
GAMES THAT DID LOAD:
-Monkey Island 1
-Indiana Jones 1
-Sam and Max
-with these I was able to create multiple saved games to my SD card and was also able to load all of them.

So that’s what I discovered. Anybody else experience different results with any of the following games on a SCLite? Hopefully I’ll be able to test some more games in the next couple days. I’ll report my findings….
Der_tolle_Emil

Re: Sam and Max talkie

Post by Der_tolle_Emil »

SigENeaT wrote:Hey hey!! I think i have found a bit of a functionality bug (i think) with ScummVM and Sam and Max >.>

Playing the Sam and Max talkie atm and im on the revolving restaurant, enjoying the view.
Anyhoo, once you have jammed the wires in to the binoculars so that you can control the rotation its not possible to control the rotation of the diner. From what i remember playing the game on PC you have to use left and right mouse clicks to signal the rotation to stop/slow down/speed up in either direction.

From what i can tell this is due to the way the right mouse click is setup for the game; instead of the button to signal a right mouse click 'switching on' right mouse click mode it cycles through the different functions (look, use, pickup, etc)... but i may be wrong. In any case, does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
Cheers ^_^
Touch the screen and then switch to right-click mode. I don't remember if this is exactly what you have to do but I think it is. It works, I completed sam'n'max talkie on my ds.
tomten

Post by tomten »

kalidan14 wrote:So using my SC Lite I tested the following games to see if they would run and also if the could save and load.

-All of them ran except for Monkey Island 1 (speech)
GAMES THAT DID NOT LOAD:
-Monkey Island 2
-Indiana Jones 2
-Day of the Tentacle
Looks like the same results as with DS-Xtreme.

I did encounter one MI1 problem: directly after load, the game sort-of-freezes: the mouse and zoom works, but nothing animates or is clickable. This might not be a corrupt save. Stupid as I am, I overwrote the save, but if I get the problem again I'll post the save file.

Also, in MI1, when you load, the saves are numbered from 0, but when you save, they're numbered from 1. =]
SigENeaT

Post by SigENeaT »

Cheers Der_tolle_Emil, i'll give it a try.

Also, there was a MI1 talkie? I completely missed that! ON TO EBAY!
clem

Post by clem »

SigENeaT wrote:Also, there was a MI1 talkie? I completely missed that! ON TO EBAY!
no, there is no MI1 talkie. there's a CD version though, containing CD audio instead of adlib music
SigENeaT

Post by SigENeaT »

Yeah i got that.. love it <3
tomten

MI1 + DSX: hang on load

Post by tomten »

Using MI1/dos/vga and scumm-a.nds v0.9.1ab1 on DS-Xtreme, I've recreated the MI1-sort-of-hangs-after-load bug, and I have two save files that can be used to recreate the symptoms (I'll submit them properly to you, agentq).

I saved the game twice, and both files, after load, sort of hang ScummVM: moving the pointer works, and the zoom screen works, but the game doesn't work; also, no DS buttons work.

All my save games at this point in the game display the same symptoms, so I don't think this is the old "corrupted save". Or maybe it is, but then it corrupts much more often than before.

Anyone else get this?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Did they even make such a promise?

It won't help that you get your own DS-X to test with? :/
It will help, in that I'll be able to test to see what works and doesn't work, and that I'll be able to integrate the driver when (if) it appears.

Yes, they did make a promise to release a driver.

Here's a quote from http://www.ds-x.com/cgi-bin/dsx/engine.pl?page=home dated September 18, 2006:
We will, of course, still be providing libfat driver source once the product is in the hands of end users for developers who do wish to recompile their application for the most seamless interoperability with the DS-Xtreme.
Since it's been nearly five months since they posted this, I'm not really expecting them to keep this promise.
viper1701

Post by viper1701 »

Viper1701 wrote: Hum...
Save doesn't work with my supercard Micro SD.

Before, when I was trying to save, I would just get a black screen. Now it seems to work, I have a "game has been saved" message but If I check my saves, nothing is there...

Anyway thanx for all the good work agentQ
agentq wrote:Viper, did you patch your binary with the Moonshell SCSD Patcher as described on the website?

This is still required for the Supercard Lite.
I have tried everything.

Patching the ScummVM.nds, gives me a 0 Ko ScummVM.nds.dsq that is obviously unusable.

Patching the nds.gba file also gives me an unusable file.

The only way to launch scumm is to use directly the non patched .nds file. then I have the problem I described earlier

Any idea ?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Use the patcher "patch moomshell for super card.exe" in this archive:

http://eng.supercard.cn/download/setupm ... 255Cen.rar

Select the .ds.gba file, and hit patch. I don't get a 0 Kb file. I can't test that it works though, as I don't have a Supercard, but serveral others have told me it does.
viper1701

Post by viper1701 »

agentq wrote:Use the patcher "patch moomshell for super card.exe" in this archive:

http://eng.supercard.cn/download/setupm ... 255Cen.rar

Select the .ds.gba file, and hit patch. I don't get a 0 Kb file. I can't test that it works though, as I don't have a Supercard, but several others have told me it does.
Ok, it worked great.

Except you should not patch the nds.gba but the .nds file

One important note :
When it didn't work, I was trying to update the files with the last version of SuperCard Lite(Micro SD)V2.58 software. Indeed it wasn't working.

The "patch moomshell for super card.exe" patch is quite hard to find and (as far I know) not visible from the Supercard software page. So it might be a good idea to make the file very visible on the Scumm VM page.

Last thing, AgentQ you're a genius and I would be proud to make a little donation. Is there someplace where we could easily transfer some money using Paypal ?

Thanx a lot,

Viper1701 from France