ScummVM 0.9.1a beta1 released for testing

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM 0.9.1a beta1 released for testing

Post by agentq »

PLEASE NOTE: THIS VERSION IS JUST A BUGFIX RELEASE. THERE ARE NO NEW FAT DRIVERS, THOSE WILL BE DONE FOR THE NEXT FULL VERSION. DON'T COMPLAIN HERE THAT YOUR CARD IS NOT SUPPORTED.

Using my increasingly confusing version numbering, I have made a beta of version 0.9.1a, which will be a bugfix release to fix a few niggling issues that I wanted to get out of the way.

* Bug fixes for saving on M3 SD/MiniSD/Lite and Supercard SD/MiniSD/Lite/Rumble
* Fixes for card detection problem on M3
* Fixed graphical glitches in Scumm games which use a lot of scrolling

Please let me know if you can save reliably in this version. If it works ok, this will replace the version 0.9.1 which is currently available from the main ScummVM downloads page.

It may also fix the DSX saving problem (it had the same symptoms as the other save issue). Who knows though, because DSX are still silent on how their stuff works.

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... -beta1.zip

Please do post if it works for you, especially if it didn't before, or you have a flash card reader that nobody has posted here about yet. I need to know whether this version fixes the issues it should. Thanks.
Last edited by agentq on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Works and saves fine on M3 SD :)

On the first start up builds b and c weren't recognized, but on the second they were and now work perfectly.
Clushje

Post by Clushje »

Worked first time on load with an M3 Lite and seems to have saved perfectly. Just tried out version A though.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Metroid, I've often found with my M3 Lite that it uses the SRAM from the previous program I ran, so when you ran build B/C holding the left shoulder button, you turned off M3 mode rather than turning it on - it had already remembered it was on from running build A.
vrs

Post by vrs »

I will test this out as soon as I get my SC Lite back...
One question though. This update means QPC saving could be fixed, but not direct saving to the memorycard?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

No, this fixes the direct saving to the memory card. The QPC problem is the fault of the SCSD firmware and out of my hands.
viper1701

Post by viper1701 »

Hum...
Save doesn't work with my supercard Micro SD.

Before, when I was trying to save, I would just get a black screen. Now it seems to work, I have a "game has been saved" message but If I check my saves, nothing is there...

Anyway thanx for all the good work agentQ
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Viper, did you patch your binary with the Moonshell SCSD Patcher as described on the website?

This is still required for the Supercard Lite.
kyng-wu

Post by kyng-wu »

Works and saves great on my M3 Perfect lite, thx. :wink:
chris256

Post by chris256 »

Works and saves perfectly on my supercard lite with this procedure:
- rename the .ds.gba file into .nds file
- apply moonshell patcher to the obtained .nds file

Thanks!
Christophe
kalidan14

Post by kalidan14 »

sorry if this should be posted elsewhere but I'm getting the following error message when trying to load a saved game from Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis:

ERROR: Locking Illegal Glob type 139 (139) num 9292

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I have a Super Card Lite with 1.7 firmware. I'm running on the new 091a beta and I have patched the .nds file with the "moom patcher". The games says that my save has been completed when I save my game (which I wasn't able to before this new release, so thank you!). Any help would be greatly apprecited!

Thanks!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Kalidan14, perhaps the fixes don't make the supercard 100% reliable then. You don't say if you've made more than one save, and get the error with all of them? Or if this only happens with one particular save. It would be good to know.
emulator

Post by emulator »

kalidan14 wrote:sorry if this should be posted elsewhere but I'm getting the following error message when trying to load a saved game from Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis:

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I have a Super Card Lite with 1.7 firmware. I'm running on the new 091a beta and I have patched the .nds file with the "moom patcher". The games says that my save has been completed when I save my game (which I wasn't able to before this new release, so thank you!). Any help would be greatly apprecited!

Thanks!
Hi

I'm getting a similar message when trying to load saves created in Monkey Island II and Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis. Saving in The Secret of Monkey Island works fine though.

This happens when using both my Supercard SD and Supercard lite.

Merry Christmas and keep up the good work!
tomten

Post by tomten »

emulator wrote:
kalidan14 wrote:sorry if this should be posted elsewhere but I'm getting the following error message when trying to load a saved game from Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis:

I'm getting a similar message when trying to load saves created in Monkey Island II and Indiana Jones - Fate of Atlantis. Saving in The Secret of Monkey Island works fine though.

This happens when using both my Supercard SD and Supercard lite.
I'm getting the same globby error for all MI2 loads with a DS-Xtreme. All MI1 loads work fine. I believe this behaviour differs from the previous ScummVMDS version. I will test more and update this post.

Is there a way to determine whether loading or saving is the problem? Perhaps save with 0.6.1 and load with 0.9.1ab1?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It will be saving that is the problem.

Although I don't expect I'll be able to fix it until DSX release some kind of FAT driver. Which they don't seem to be keeping their promise on.