jornada 728 please help

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DemonicMurray

jornada 728 please help

Post by DemonicMurray »

Hi there this being my first post please save the flames..

i've read all the docs..how tos etc heres the prob if anybody could help please...

i have just upgraded from a jornada 680 to 728 (am hoping someone else has a 728 here)kinda downgrade as i had an 02 Xda 500mhz but thats another story :D

when i try to run the latest scummvm on my 728 i get this error

cannot find scummvm or one of its components make sure path and filename etc etc

i have gapi installed...older arm version works but not particularly well.

has anybody else managed to get the latest scummvm working on a HP jornada 728

many thanks in advance for any help
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

The handheld pc 2000 os is not supported by scummvm directly. You may try getting the latest svn build right here on the forums), then check out the executabilitycheck app and instructions from here http://www.wincesoft.de/html/body_ppc_a ... hpc_s.html. Tell us if you get it running.
DemonicMurray

Post by DemonicMurray »

though i appreciate a reply i did expect the one above...that's why i specifically asked if anyone else with a jornada 728 had managed to get a version of the brilliant scummvm higher than 0.7.1 to work with one.

I have tried the page you linked, it's gapi , and the executable check as well as various other tweaking here and there...after trying solid for the last two days im asking for anyone elses experience

not simply to know that it isn't supported.

this will no doubt be of value to those who have jornada 720 and 728

http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/hpc.php

im still trying and if i get it working i will let you know with details

thanks
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Take a look at this bug report and comment and/or monitor as appropriate.

PS. Very cool PPC2000 webpage btw :-)
DemonicMurray

Post by DemonicMurray »

many thanks..the exact core.dll issues/missing imports mentioned by you there are the same ones im seeing but at least it gives me hope that it can work eventually...perhaps better with the new version...i'll keep trying with it.

Again many thanks for the reply
oddjob126

Post by oddjob126 »

Hi,

I have one Jornada 728 and I will try to help.

ScummVm works perfectly on it!

I can't tell you exactly what you need to make it work since I installed lots of stuff in it because I wanted some games from my iPaq to run on it. But we will se what we can do.

Everything I used on it is on my computer and I am not using it at the moment, but I have in front of me my Jornada. Later on I will look on my computer.

These PDAs were not meant to play games, so they did not come with the graphic libraries.

This is what I remember:

1 - I installed the files GX.dll and gx.lib in the windows folder.

2 - I installed the GAPI, you can get it here:

version 1.2:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en

version 3.09:
http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html

There also some other files here that I don't remember where they came from, I am sorry! But, as soon as I put my hands on my computer I will be able to tell more.

I hope that helps a little!

Oddjob.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

oddjob126 wrote: There also some other files here that I don't remember where they came from, I am sorry! But, as soon as I put my hands on my computer I will be able to tell more.
If you can document this process more accurately, it would be of great help to our (vinatge :-) ) users.
DemonicMurray

Post by DemonicMurray »

must be a specific core.dll file i've still not come accross..that seems to still be the problem.

i've used all the gx files and the gapi mentioned but still doesnt start up...using the executability checker gives the various errors that are mentioned in your linked post..

Thanks for feedback on this btw as i appreciate the *cough vintage cough* HPCs are not looked after now :D
oddjob126

Post by oddjob126 »

Hi,

I am sorry about the delay!

DemonicMurray,
I loved your PDA collection!

It seems that a DLL file it is not your problem since you have all of them.

Have you installed both API applications that I mentioned? Because I have both. First I installed from Microsoft and then from WinCESoft. I did not uninstall one to install the other, keep they both installed.

Have you installed as well the file aygshell.dll ?

What message shows when you try to run it?
DemonicMurray

Post by DemonicMurray »

sorry i took so long to reply also .. needed some nostalgia and got my o2 xda2i out of the cupboard so kinda gave up on the jornada :?

i'd still love to get it working as i much prefer its wider screen and full keyboard but everything runs mint on the xda

i tried same as you had yes and the aygshell (various ones i believe)

best i got was the app to run and just a plain blank screen

most of the time it gave errors:

could not find the exe or one of its libraries
or something similar.