New DOSBox version 0.70

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Adventureguy

New DOSBox version 0.70

Post by Adventureguy »

Hello everyone,
some of you may already know about the new version of DOSBox.
One good point about this version is the new auto-cycle method so you don't have to mess with different cycles for different games anymore. For example, LSL7 works quite fine for me in DOSBox with the new auto-cycling. Everyone who wants to play some DOS games ( especially adventures which aren't supported by ScummVM yet :wink: ) should try this out.
clone2727
Retired

Re: New DOSBox version 0.70

Post by clone2727 »

Adventureguy wrote:Hello everyone,
some of you may already know about the new version of DOSBox.
One good point about this version is the new auto-cycle method so you don't have to mess with different cycles for different games anymore. For example, LSL7 works quite fine for me in DOSBox with the new auto-cycling. Everyone who wants to play some DOS games ( especially adventures which aren't supported by ScummVM yet :wink: ) should try this out.
Already using it :D
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Looks great! Thanks for the heads-up :)
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

gracias!
JamesWoodcock

Post by JamesWoodcock »

Sounds like a handy new feature! May have to give it another go.
Tinhead Ned

Post by Tinhead Ned »

I loooove DOSBox. I've been playing 'Bio Menace' and 'X-Com: UFO Defense' with it lately. And you can even run 'Quake' on it - I tested it myself (although why you'd want to is beyond me, Doom is a lot better, hahaha).
clem

Post by clem »

Tinhead Ned wrote:And you can even run 'Quake' on it - I tested it myself (although why you'd want to is beyond me, Doom is a lot better, hahaha).
Plus why bother running the DOS version in a comparatively slow emulator if you can have a myriad of updated ports? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake_engi ... ve_engines

:)