Do MAC Versions (DOTT Data, Sam and Max Data, etc.) Work?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gleaves

Do MAC Versions (DOTT Data, Sam and Max Data, etc.) Work?

Post by Gleaves »

ScummvmDS cannot find these files when I point to the folder that contains them. Beneath a Steal Sky (downloaded) and Sam and Max (IBM-CDRom) work fine on my DS. The three MAC versions I have work fine on the PC with SCUMMVM.

[Been playing Beneath a Steel Sky and pulling my hair out trying to advance without gamefaqs. Great little program, this is. Really spectacular. I bought a DS a month ago and have yet to purchase or play an actual DS game. Only old adventures. Thank you.]
Gleaves

Post by Gleaves »

Didn't realize there was a tool on the download page for extracting the MAC Data files in order to get the monster.sou. It worked for Day of the tentacle (on Vista no less), so I imagine it will work for my other two MAC games as well.

Thanks again all those who work on this project.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Gleaves wrote:Didn't realize there was a tool on the download page for extracting the MAC Data files in order to get the monster.sou. It worked for Day of the tentacle (on Vista no less), so I imagine it will work for my other two MAC games as well.

Thanks again all those who work on this project.
I don't have any of those Mac versions, but I thought ScummVM 0.7.0 and later didn't require you to extract the data files.
clem

Post by clem »

I noticed that the games you have problems with have filenames longer than the 8+3 schema DOS used - maybe the NDS has problems with long filenames? (just a blind guess though)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yep, my wrapper for the FAT driver doesn't do long filenames, I'll take a look into this, but for now unpacking the files should work fine.