WinCE SVN Build (27 Feb 07)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

knakos
ScummVM Porter

WinCE SVN Build (27 Feb 07)

Post by knakos »

After a long deliberation period, a new svn build is available! This is 0.10.0svn, with the following engines compiled in:
scumm, sky, queen, gob, cine, saga, kyra, agi, agos, sword1, sword2 and touche.

You can expect a few bugs gone, probably some new ones in. Please use the bugtracker to report any problems.

Work is underway to kill all remaining wince bugs in the bugtracker, so stay tuned.
Last edited by knakos on Wed May 02, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
clem

Re: WinCE SVN Build (27 Oct 07)

Post by clem »

knakos wrote:WinCE SVN Build (27 Oct 07)
and also 8 months early :)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

damn :-) I wish it was October already :-)
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hallo,

well, at least for me a summer in Germany would be nice, therefore I will not agree to skip it and jump directly to October. ;)

First Feedback for 0.10.0svn: I was not able to find any bugs. Very well. Of cause I was not able to spend hours of time with this version, but short tests of several games, including CoMI, both Simons and several SCUMM games, caused no problems. Even the problem with different scummvm.inis (the size issue) seems to be gone, at least I was not able to reproduce this behaviour.

There is only one minor issue: In the Options Dialog one can choose scalers like "HQ2x". Doing this causes ScummVM to quit with an error like "unknown scaler 8" starting a game or starting ScummVM the next time. Its not a real bug, since at least in my opinion it makes no sense to use a hq scaler on a PDA, but maybe this settings should disappear.
BTW: ScummVM will not start with an unsupported scaler enabled, a solution is to edit the scummvm.ini and to remove the scaler line or to apply a supported setting (e.g. "2x").

Maybe I have to add, that I'm using a Dell Axim X50v VGA PDA with Windows Mobile 2003SE. I used WM5, but due to several problems in the past few weeks I was forced to switch back to 2003SE again.

kind regards

Frank
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

frank_m24 wrote:There is only one minor issue: In the Options Dialog one can choose scalers like "HQ2x". Doing this causes ScummVM to quit with an error like "unknown scaler 8" starting a game or starting ScummVM the next time.
I've had the hq scalers disabled in this specific build, so that's why you get that error. There's no problem with them on, I just forgot to enable them for release. Future builds will include them of course.

Thanks for your time in testing,
K.
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Hi Knakos,

I tested your build with my Toshiba e800, Win 2003 SE (VGA). I tried Touche and Ween, Future War and Full Throtle. No problems but I did not played until the end. And I played without music or sounds.
Maybe you remember that my problem with your port is that the 1x scaler is to small on my screen, and the 2x one is to slow :-(
Touche is working fine, the animation is fluid, only when the background is scrolled is slow, but acceptable.

Thank you for your effort.

Adi
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

You can rebuild removing the "HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}" line from Pocketscumm.rc to get the desired result (probably, not tested). You'll essentially be degrading the rendering to qvga instead of native vga. Building is not for the faint of heart though - the process is described in the wiki.
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Building is not for the faint of heart though - the process is described in the wiki.
Hi Knakos,

Thank you for the tip :-)

I tried to build the gcc for Cygwin following the wiki indications and I failed. Everything is ok until the make steps for both binutils and gcc. At the moment I have no Linux box....

Regards
Mihai
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

You probably need some stuff like libreadline, bison, flex etc. There are packages for all the required things in cygwin so keep trying :-) Read up on all install docs.
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

Hi Knakos

Thank you for your tips. I missed bison and flex, and used wrong versions of sed and texinfo. I have build it (gcc) and also scummvm with it. Removing the "HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}" line from Pocketscumm.rc leads to the desired behaviour, now the Normal 1x scaler is used on both portrait and landscape and the performance is highly improved (for a VGA Win 2003 SE PPC). If you want to update the wiki (for gcc build on cygwin) I can send you a detailed description .

Regards
adi
NLS

Post by NLS »

Ah, a fellow Greek stepped in. :)

Now K(ostas?) I hope the next build won't be in a year, eh?
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

knakos,

Tried this on a few of my devices and it is looking very nice. Nothing untoward to report on most of the devices I have :D.

There are some issues (crashes) on my HTC Universal (VGA, WM5) but I will try and take a closer look at what may be causing that when I get a chance and report back.
horror

Post by horror »

nice, tested it a couple of min. with my htc 4350, looks like it run supersmooth, even seem it is compatible with the qwerty pullout keyboard
antrax

Compied binary without HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}

Post by antrax »

Hi all!

I'm having same troubles with Scumm on my VGA WM5 Acer n311 - it's too slow when resampling is on and too small otherwise -) I beleive removing "HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}" from recources would help, but I dont have buildable version -) Would you be so kind to share compiled scumm, that works fine on VGA? That would be nice if you could e-mail it to me at antrax@inbox.ru.

Best regards,
antrax
adiro69

Post by adiro69 »

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:38 pm Post subject: Compied binary without HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}
Hi all!

I'm having same troubles with Scumm on my VGA WM5 Acer n311 - it's too slow when resampling is on and too small otherwise -) I beleive removing "HI_RES_AWARE CEUX {1}" from recources would help, but I dont have buildable version -) Would you be so kind to share compiled scumm, that works fine on VGA? That would be nice if you could e-mail it to me at antrax@inbox.ru.

Best regards,
antrax
Hi

I tried to send you yesterday a build on your email address and I got a message from your spam filter that the message was filtered. I attached a rar archive containing the scummvm.exe only (about 2 MB)

Regards
Adi