Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

saxymon

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

Post by saxymon »

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a program to support this game. i know that 2 other indiana jones games are on scumm (and i love playing them). help for this 3rd one would be appriciated.

thanks!
saxymon

Post by saxymon »

ok, i KNOW that this is a 3D game and is not like this classic 2d point and click format that other games on scumm are like. i just figured that someone in here would know where a program to support it is.
clem

Post by clem »

isn't that a windows program? which is making the program that is needed to run it ... uuummm ... windows?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

they made a 3d indiana jones game?

and clem has a point... theres no point porting it, as it *should* work already
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

PsYcO wrote:and clem has a point... theres no point porting it, as it *should* work already
Despite what you may have heard, not everyone uses Windows. ;)
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:they made a 3d indiana jones game?
yes, but unlike a 3D-adventure like Grim or EMI it's apparently a Tomb Raider rip off
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

clem wrote:
PsYcO wrote:they made a 3d indiana jones game?
yes, but unlike a 3D-adventure like Grim or EMI it's apparently a Tomb Raider rip off
Actually, it uses a modified version of the Jedi Knight engine afaik
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Ah yes, Indy5 is a really great game, I like it, though it is an action-adventure. I wonder what it would have been like if it had been a 3D-adventure such as Grim Fandango.
It runs well for me on XP since I read something about running the Windows Media Player to pretend inventory bugs if you pick up an item.
saulob

Post by saulob »

Infernal Machine ?
It plays fine on XP :)
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

Adventureguy wrote:It runs well for me on XP since I read something about running the Windows Media Player to pretend inventory bugs if you pick up an item.
Can you give details please?! :shock: :?:
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

saulob wrote:Infernal Machine ?
It plays fine on XP :)
Yeah, it plays fine if you keep XP updated. It didn't work when I first got my pc (w/ sp2) and after an update, it works :D
saxymon

Post by saxymon »

Thanks for the replies. I know that it’s originally a windows game and should work, but I have it on my XP sp2 computer (HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC thats only a year old) and it tends to lock up periodically. It runs the videos fine but it will freeze and the char. will be movable but the camera doesn’t follow him (or it will just be his shadow.) I asked here because I know for my other Indy games as well as COMI, it froze in a similar way. If you could explain more about that windows media player thing id appreciate it.

btw, the problems are most often when I pick up items and I cant open the inventory.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Herrscher wrote:
Adventureguy wrote:It runs well for me on XP since I read something about running the Windows Media Player to pretend inventory bugs if you pick up an item.
Can you give details please?! :shock: :?:
Some people (like myself) do have some bugs with Indy5 on XP, like if you pick up an item, you can't open the inventory, or if you start the first level you only see the sky. To prevent this you have to start the WMP in the background before playing the game. You don't have to play any music in WMP, just start it in the background.
More details on VOGONS.