DIGTXT.TRS translation

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

thsoft

DIGTXT.TRS translation

Post by thsoft »

Hi,
I'm localizing The Dig, and I suppose the cutscene subtitles are contained by the video/digtxt.trs file. But neither ScummEx nor ScummRev can decode/encode its contents, the mysterious (no documentation found using Google) ETRS chunk. Could anyone provide a format specification or a software that reads/writes it? Thx in advance!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I am not aware of any documentation for this, but take a look at the getStrings function in the ScummVM source code (in file engines/scumm/smush/smush_player.cpp), which is responsible for parsing digtxt.trs. In particular, it seems that the content is "encrypted" by XORing with 0xCC.
thsoft

Post by thsoft »

fingolfin wrote:I am not aware of any documentation for this, but take a look at the getStrings function in the ScummVM source code (in file engines/scumm/smush/smush_player.cpp), which is responsible for parsing digtxt.trs. In particular, it seems that the content is "encrypted" by XORing with 0xCC.
Yes, you're absolutely right. Many thx! What a smart encryption... :? And it will be such a pleasure to use a hex editor for localization. :D