Problems Starting the Game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

katesith

Problems Starting the Game

Post by katesith »

I'm having a problem where when I go to start Monkey Island 2 with the PC CD-Rom in, ScummVM says it can't find the game... I think there was some file I was supposed to move in order to fix that problem, but i can't remember what it is! Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks!

Note: Monkey Island 1 is working fine for some reason... I think this is the same as the problem I had in the past, though.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Problems Starting the Game

Post by Raziel »

katesith wrote:I'm having a problem where when I go to start Monkey Island 2 with the PC CD-Rom in, ScummVM says it can't find the game... I think there was some file I was supposed to move in order to fix that problem, but i can't remember what it is! Can anyone tell me what to do? Thanks!

Note: Monkey Island 1 is working fine for some reason... I think this is the same as the problem I had in the past, though.
Which problem?
Does ScummVM outputs anything?

Have you tried copying the game as whole to your HD and change the path?
Will it work there or do you encounter the same problems?

What version of the PC-CD do you have? The Bounty-Pack? A single Monkey2 CD?

Just a little more info and we can do something about it :-)
katesith

Post by katesith »

I have the Monkey Madness cd... I have not tried copying the game, I can try that. But, before, there was some file I was supposed to move either out of or into the SYSTEM32 folder, I think... x.x does that sound familiar at all?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

katesith wrote:I have the Monkey Madness cd... I have not tried copying the game, I can try that. But, before, there was some file I was supposed to move either out of or into the SYSTEM32 folder, I think... x.x does that sound familiar at all?
eh?
Not really, no :-)

In part of ScummVM together with the games you don't have to move anything inside
a windows system folder (may be completely wrong here, don't have windows myself).
But IF, then i believe ScummVM does it by itself...

The only file i can think of is scummvm.ini, which should automatically be written
to the place needed by ScummVM.

You need to find this two files (Monkey2.000 and Monkey2.001) somewhere on your
Monkey2 CD, now add the game and point the path to this dir and off you should go.