AGI engine? Beta builds?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NLS

AGI engine? Beta builds?

Post by NLS »

Is the PocketPC version not maintained by anybody any more?

The beta page still shows 0.7.1 (iirc)... The recent news of AGI inside SCUMMVM haven't touched PPC yet (and I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this since there are very old in fact obsolete AGI/Sarien interpreters for PPC).

Is PPC build going to die?
htefs

Post by htefs »

Look at the official ScummVM Download page and search for "Windows CE ARM package" an You will find the latest official build for Pocket PC 2002 and up. This should be Version 0.9.1...
Kind regards, Helge
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

htefs wrote:an You will find the latest official build for Pocket PC 2002 and up. This should be Version 0.9.1...
But it doesn't include AGI engine, does it? :roll:

Speaking of PocketPC port page, Arisme is not active anymore, and we have 2 other guys working on the port, so the port is not dead, Arisme's page is.

As of AGI engine on keyboardless devices, I haven't finished my predictive t9-like input entry method which is supposed to be used in this engine. Right now I am busy with better detection, and input will be next thing to implement in AGI.

Eugene
NLS

Post by NLS »

htefs wrote:Look at the official ScummVM Download page and search for "Windows CE ARM package" an You will find the latest official build for Pocket PC 2002 and up. This should be Version 0.9.1...
Kind regards, Helge
I know Helge, I am talking about subversion builds or something. Anyway something that shows some activity in PPC area.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

The only way to be playing AGI games on a Pocket PC is either through a DOSBox port for PDAs or an old Pocket Sarien port which is available here.
NLS

Post by NLS »

Thanks man, I know those two ways, but since SCUMMVM has support for AGI, I would love the same in PocketPC version.