Goblins 3 now recognized =)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

exofreeze
Banned

Goblins 3 now recognized =)

Post by exofreeze »

I'm glad to see the the SVN version now recognizes Goblins 3as it's own game. Unfortunately the trade-off seems to be now it doesn't even start gob3 (used to start and lock up at the first screen).

Anyways - I got a CD copy of Goblins 3 in the mail today and I'm itching to play it. DosBox initially gave me a "cd-rom required" error, so i changed my dosbox.conf file with the 'mount x: x:\ -t cdrom' syntax to specify that drive WAS indeed a cd-rom...now the setup file crashes out with "unknown error -7".

So I tried scumm and got the above results.

So I tried Virtual PC with Win98 and the setup screen is magnified or soemthing, I can't seem to read any fot he text (ie: don't know what keys to hit to pick english/sound card/etc...)

ANyone got any suggestions =)?
Collector

Post by Collector »

Is X: your real CD-ROM drive?
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

X was just written as a variable. My actual drive is an external USB drive connected as the I:, but I mount it as my E: in dosbox.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

ok, so here is my exact line in the dosbox.conf file:

mount e i:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -ioctl

I added the -ioctl stuiff after reading it was neccesary on vogons forums. But it does the same thing with or without it.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

i solved my own problem - I did the exact same stuff on my laptop and it worked - my problem is the external usb drive - dosbox doesnt like that very much. Guess its time to go buy a new internal cd drive.