EZFlash 4 not working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xenon

EZFlash 4 not working

Post by xenon »

Hi everyone. Is it normal for ScummVM not to work on my EZFlash 4 cart? I thought the "DLDI revolution" would overcome and compensate any lack of cart-specific support. In detail, after I patch the .ds.gba binary with DLDI and run it, it gets stuck on the

Code: Select all

DLDI Device: 'EZ Flash 4 (SD Card)'
message. The .ds binary won't work, as usual with the EZ4. I'll be glad to provide any kind of testing or further info if needed.

And let me spend a word to thank everyone involved with the ScummVM project. You gave those great games a second life.
I mean it.

Edit: I got a patched executable from another EZFlash 4 user and it works fine. Maybe something's wrong with the Linux DLDI patcher (I guess he's using Windows).
alcaholjunkie

Post by alcaholjunkie »

Yeah I used the win32 GUI patcher on them. ^_^

Works fine, except when using a basic sandisk microSD (where only manic mansion could load, crappy microSD card though, lol)

I just noticed that the linux and mac version of the dldi patching tool are still 1.10 (1.21 in windows), not sure if that had anything to do with bad patching though.
xenon

Post by xenon »

Maybe it's the patcher version, indeed. Anyway, Monkey 1 started on my Sandisk microSD, but the CD version didn't.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I thought the "DLDI revolution" would overcome and compensate any lack of cart-specific support.
It will allow you to use a driver you provide rather than one the author of the homebrew has compiled into the app. This is a significant improvement. The driver still has to be there and it still has to work properly though, as nothing will get away from the fact that the methods used reading and writing data to the different devices are quite different.

If your .dldi doesn't work, you should contact the author of the driver and ask them to fix it.
xenon

Post by xenon »

In the end it's probably just a bug in the Linux version of the dldi patcher. Thanks for your interest, though.