PalmOS Readme/FAQ -WIP- [UPDATED 01/30/07]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

glokidd

PalmOS Readme/FAQ -WIP- [UPDATED 01/30/07]

Post by glokidd »

Hi All :) For the last few months I have been working on a ReadMe/FAQ for ScummVM for PalmOS in my spare time. Recently I have had the opportunity to put a lot of time into it and am proud to say that it has developed to a point where I am comfortable posting it here now :D

ScummVM for PalmOS Readme (WIP) By Grant "GloKidd" Yeager

Sections

1. USAGE
~How to run
~Adding a game
~Enabling Sound and Music
~Controls and Special Modes

2. COMPATIBILITY
~Device Compatibility
~Game compatibility

3. FAQ/TROUBLESHOOTING

4. COMPILING

5. LICENCE INFO (If necessary, I don't know)

6. REVISION NOTES

[Section 1: Usage]

--How to run ScummVM on Palm OS--

-What You Need:
~ A supported PalmOS device (see section 2)
~ An SD card
~ An SD card Reader

-Getting Started:

~Step 1: Hotsync the following files to your device's internal memory Via your Hotsync tool

ScummVM-Frontend.prc (alternately this can be placed on your card in the /PALM/Launcher/ folder)
skin.pdb (this *must* be in the devices internal memory)

~Step 2: Copy the following files to /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/mods/ on your SD card via card reader
<Taken from Chrilith's original Readme [UPDATED 01/29/07]>
scumm.engine (to play Scumm Games)
saga.engine (to play SAGA Games)
sky.engine (to play Beneath a Steel Sky)
simon.engine (to play Simon the Sorcerer)
queen.engine (to play Flight of the Amazon Queen)
cine.engine (to play Delphine Cinematique games - NOTWORKING)
lure.engine (to play Lure of the Tempress - NOTWORKING)
parallaction.engine (to play Parallaction games - NOTWORKING)
kyra.engine (to play Kyrandia games)
agi.engine (to play Old Sierra games)
sword1.engine (to play Broken Sword 1 - Zodiac, HiRes+ Only)
sword2.engine (to play Broken Sword 2 - Zodiac, HiRes+ Only)
touche.engine (to play Touché, The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer)

{Note: You only need to copy the engine files that are necessary for the games you want to play}

~Step 3: Copy The Required Data files for the game(s) you want to play to your SD card VIA card reader.
You can see a list of what files are required for which games at http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles

{Note: The /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/ folder and subfolders are created upon startup of the frontend on the first card found.}

Once you have successfully synced the necessary files, start ScummVM by tapping the newly created "Slimy S" icon on your main palm launcher. If your Skin.pdb synced correctly you should now be at the ScummVM frontend launcher

Before you add a game you should tap the memory card icon in the top right corner and make sure that your card is selected

--Adding a Game in the ScummVM frontend--
{NOTE: The frontend is generally intended to be used by advanced users only, It allows users to have access to all command line option available for ScummVM. For quick and easy adding, start ScummVM in 'Direct Mode', As described in the 'Controls and Special Modes' section}
{NOTE: all instructions in this section assume you are using the default skin.pdb}

(At the main Launcher)
~Tap the ADD icon
~you are now at the "Game Manager" screen. It lists the following
-Entry Name: (The name that is shown on the launcher after adding)
-Path: (The path to the Games datafiles on your card)
-Game: (this is the ID which ScummVM uses to know what code to run)
-Engine: (a drop down menu with a list of engines

You now add the relevant Names/Paths to the required files manually

{Note: On certain devices (eg: LiveDrive) you can use the built-in file manager to select the path to your game via the "Game Manager" panel. On these devices there will be a small card icon ner the "path" label}

A sample adding for Monkey Island 2 would be:

-Entry Name: Monkey Island 2: Lechuck's Revenge
-Path:/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/Monkey2
-Game:monkey2
-Engine: Scumm

A listing of game IDs can be found at http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php

{Note: If your games are placed in the /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/ folder you will only have to enter the name of the games folder under "Path:" removing the need to write out the full path. Ex: if your game is in "/PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/monkey2" you will only need to enter "monkey2" (minus quotes)}

Alternately (in the case of using a custom skin) this can all be done from the Menu bar as well

(At the main launcher)
~Tap the top of the screen on the ScummVM tab to access the menu Bar
~under the "Games" menu select "New..."
This too will bring you to the "Game Manager" screen.

Yay! Now you can add a game. Now to optimize your experience...

-Enabling Sound and Music [UPDATED 01/29/07]

After adding a game via the frontend and while the game is selected, tap the speaker (audio) icon at the bottom left of the screen. Take the following steps:

- Check the 'Enable Audio' box
- Check the 'Mixed Adlib/MIDI mode' box
- Choose your audio driver (I recommend 'default')
- Set the quality and rate of your audio (I use Medium quality at a rate of 8Kz)

The available audio driver options are based on what your game supports originally.

{NOTE: For games with CD audio used for music and/or voice you should place the mp3/ogg ripped audio tracks in the same folder that your game is in. Ripped MP3/Ogg files must be named as track[x].mp3 where [x] is the track number on the CD (For more information on ripping audio, See official ScummVM documentation, Sections 7.7.0 - 7.7.1)}

Alternately, as with adding a game, this can be done directly from the Menu bar
~Tap the ScummVM tab
~Under "Game" select "Music & Sound"

[Controls and Special Modes][UPDATED 01/29/07]

-Controls-
Standard PalmOS:
- Hard Button 1 = switch normal/wide mode (HiRes+ Devices only)
- Hard Button 2 = switch aspect ratio (HiRes+ Devices only)
- Hard Button 3 = Left mouse click -or- ingame Menu (on certain devices)
- Hard Button 4 = Right mouse button
- Home = ESC key
- Menu = In game menu

Tapwave Zodiac:
- Left trigger let you switch wide/normal
- Right Trigger let you switch aspect ratio
- Red left mouse click
- Yellow right mouse click
- Green skip text in some games
- Pad mouse emulation / arrow keys emulation (depending on frontend configuration)
- Function display in-game menu
- Home button ESC key

-Special Functions-

Direct Mode: Tap the start icon without a game selected (to deselect a title tap the selection again). This allows you to use the standard ScummVM launcher GUI as used in desktop versions. This is very handy if you are having trouble adding a game as it allows you to find both the specific path and the game id.

{Note: Due to memory consumption, themes are not currently supported}
{Note: To change sound quality/rate in Direct Mode, add the following lines to your scummvm.ini file (located on your card in /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/)
To change sound rate add this line:
output_rate=[rate in herz]
- ex : output_rate = 11025

To change adlib quality add this line(for a given name):
FM_high_quality=true or FM_medium_quality=true (default is low)}

Tapping COMMAND (/) you can switch between [COMMAND] [ALT] [CTRL] keys
- To enter fight mode (Indy) use COMMAND + N, the screen is then virtually split like a numpad
- To use function keys (F1-F10) enter COMMAND + 0-9 (0=F10)

To play game that require you to hold a button down (Gobliiins, Touché), from the frontend, go to
Menu > Options > Misc > Disable stylus mouse click

Inputting "+" or "-" on the numerical graffiti will increase/decrease the subtitle speed

Inputting "." on the graffiti will skip the current line of text in some games

If you are having trouble writing save game names you can just select a save slot and tap save and the game will be named "save 1","Save 2", etc. automatically

[Section 2: COMPATIBILITY]

--Device compatibility--

{NOTE: This List is from the PalmOS page on the ScummVM WIKI}

Code: Select all

ARM devices
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device	            Supported	Sound	Music	MP3	Colors	Wide	Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palm LifeDrive 	       Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit   320x200	 -
Palm Tungsten T|C 	    Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes     Yes   16bit 	No 	    -
Palm Tungsten T|E 	    Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	No 	    -
Palm Tungsten T|E2 	   Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	No 	    -
Palm Tréo650 	         Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	No 	    -
Palm Tungsten T|T 	    No 	  - 	   - 	   -     - 	    - 	    Not supported due to limited heap.
Palm Tungsten T|T2 	   No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported due to limited heap.
Palm Tungsten T|T3 	   Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit   320x200	 -
Palm Tungsten T|T5 	   Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit   320x200	 -
Palm Tungsten T|X 	    Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit   320x200	 -
Palm Zire71 	          No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported due to limited heap.
Palm Zire72 	          Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	No 	    -
Sony Clié PEG-NX70V 	  No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported yet &#40;use latest non ARM release&#41;.
Sony Clié PEG-NX73V 	  No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported yet &#40;use latest non ARM release&#41;.
Sony Clié PEG-NZ90 	   No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported yet &#40;use latest non ARM release&#41;.
Sony Clié PEG-TG50 	   ? 	   - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	     -
Sony Clié PEG-TH55 	   Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit    No? 	  Not fully supported
Sony Clié PEG-TJ25 	   ? 	   - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	     -
Sony Clié PEG-TJ27 	   ? 	   - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	     -
Sony Clié PEG-TJ35 	   ? 	   - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	     -
Sony Clié PEG-TJ37 	   ? 	   - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	     -
Sony Clié PEG-UX40 	   No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported yet &#40;use latest non ARM release&#41;.
Sony Clié PEG-UX50 	   No 	  - 	   - 	   - 	 - 	    - 	    Not supported yet &#40;use latest non ARM release&#41;.
Tapwave Zodiac 1 	     Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	All      Optimized backend
Tapwave Zodiac 2 	     Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes 	 Yes   16bit 	All 	  Optimized backend
68k devices
Device	            Supported   Sound	Music	MP3	  Colors	Wide	Notes
Sony Clié PEG-N710 	  Yes 	   No 	  No 	 No 	   8bit 	 No 	 -
Sony Clié PEG-NR70V 	 Yes 	   No 	  Midi  CD Tracks 8bit 	 No 	 -
Sony Clié PEG-N770C 	 Yes 	   No 	  No 	 No 	   8bit 	 No 	 -
Sony Clié PEG-SJ22 	  ? 	     - 	   - 	  - 	    - 	    - 	  -
Sony Clié PEG-SJ30 	  ? 	     - 	   - 	  - 	    - 	    - 	  -
Sony Clié PEG-SJ33 	  ? 	     - 	   - 	  - 	    - 	    - 	  -
Sony Clié PEG-T615C 	 Yes 	   No 	  Midi CD Tracks  8bit 	 No 	 Play CD Tracks using the MP3 kit
Sony Clié PEG-T625C 	 Yes 	   No 	  Midi CD Tracks  8bit 	 No 	 Play CD Tracks using the MP3 kit
Sony Clié PEG-T675C 	 Yes 	   No 	  Midi CD Tracks  8bit 	 No 	 -
Entries with ?'s have not been tested. If you have one of these devices check if it works and let us know

--Game Compatibility--

The following is a list of games currently supported. This is not port specific as I am unaware of which different versions (PC, MAC, AMIGA, etc.) are supported by the PalmOS build. This list assumes you are using PC versions of the games.

-Scumm Games-                              
Game Title                              |         Game ID         |                      Notes
Maniac mansion	                       |	    maniac            |
Zak Mckracken and the Alien Mindbenders |       zak               |CD Enhanced FM-Towns version is supported 
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade      |       indy3             |CD Enhanced FM-Towns version is supported
LOOM                                    |       loom              |CD Enhanced FM-Towns version is supported
The Secret of Monkey Island             |       monkey1           |CD Enhanced FM-Towns version is supported
Monkey Island 2&#58; Lechucks Revenge       |       monkey2           |
Maniac Mansion 2&#58; Day of the Tentacle   |       tentacle          |Must not have Maniac Mansion in the same directory
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis  |       atlantis          |
Sam and Max Hit the Road                |       samnmax           |Use notepad hardware button for right click

-Other ScummVM Games-
Game Title                                    |         Game ID         |                      Notes                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beneath a Steel Sky                           |         sky 	         |                                              
Broken Sword 1&#58; The Shadow of the Templars    |        sword1 	       |Hi-res devices only &#40;for now&#41;                  Broken Sword 2&#58; The Smoking Mirror 	        |        sword2 	       |Hi-res devices only &#40;for now&#41;                  Lure of the Temptress                         |         lure            |WIP                                            
Flight of the Amazon Queen 	                |        queen 	        |                                                
Inherit the Earth&#58; Quest for the Orb 	      |         ite 	         |WIP                                            
Simon the Sorcerer 1 	                      |        simon1	        |                                              
Simon the Sorcerer 2 	                      |        simon2 	       |                                               
The Legend of Kyrandia 	                    |        kyra1 	        |                                              
Touche&#58; The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer |	    touche 	        |Hi-res devices only &#40;for now&#41;                  
There are also Hundreds of games supported by the AGI engine. Generally if it's an AGI game it "should" work under the AGI game id

[Section 3: FAQ/Troubleshooting]

-FAQ-

Q: The Readme states that I need to sync two files: Scummvm-frontentend.prc and skin.pdb but I can't find the skin.pdb file in the zip that I downloaded. What do I do?

A: This is a rare issue and has been recently fixed and should no longer be a problem. Nonetheless if the skin.pdb file isn't present in the archive You can download the file directly from Chriliths page @ http://capers.free.fr/en/media.php?t=skin&g=ScVM

Q: When I try to start a game, it starts to load but then I am suddenly kicked to my palm launcher menu. Huh?

A: While there are a few reasons why this could be happening, One common reason may be that your card has not been selected. Tap the Memory card icon in the main ScummVM frontend and make sure that the name of your card is selected. You may also want to check the scummvm.ini file to see if an error occurred. In most cases this is caused by a misconfigured game, the engine will search all cards for files so you can use device's with multiple card slots (eg: Zodiac)

Q: I use an older version (0.7.0\1)My game seems to be running pretty slowly especially when scrolling or when more than one sprite is on the screen. Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

A: does your device have an ARM processor? If so be sure to turn on the ARM enhancement under the MISC menu (this is not really applicable to recent versions as the feature is no longer available)

Q: My game seems to take long pauses regularly during play. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A: The pause is most likely the autosave feature. You can fix this by increasing the cache size under the memory card menu (accessible via the memory card icon in the top right of the screen, or from the main menu pulldowns under 'games')

Q: I don't know the game ID of the game I'm trying to add, is there a way I can find this out?

A: A listing of game ID's is available at http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php .Alternately (in the case of not having access to the internet)you can start ScummVM in 'Direct' mode. To do this tap the start icon with no game selected the select the engine that the game uses(don't worry you can deselect a game just by tapping it again) next add the game as you would when using a desktop version of ScummVM. Take note of the game's ID for future reference

Q: I have sound enabled but am only getting voice with no sound in games like Sam and Max hit the road. What am I doing wrong?

A: In recent versions there is a new feature under the Misc. options called 'OS5 advanced mode', check this box and you should get sound. (WARNING: This mode is highly unstable and will most likely be removed in future versions)

Q: When I start ScummVM instead of the frontend menu I am brought to a screen that asks me to select an engine, how do I get to the frontend?

A: most likely the Skin.pdb file was not synced properly or may have been syced to your card, try syncing it again and you should make it to the front end.

Q: Can i use save games from my Desktop PC version of ScummVM with my PalmOS version?

A Yes! Currently the only difference between the versions (for now) is that the saves from the PC version are compressed whereas the PalmOS saves are not. This may change in the future... ;)

[Section 4: Compiling ScummVM for PalmOS]

[Section 5: Licence Info]
{Note: I figure this section is probably unnecessary due to the fact the information is included in all binaries as their own separate text file, but I added the placeholder just in case

[Section 6:*********Revision notes************]

~Changed: "~Step 1: Hotsync the following files to your device" to "~Step 1: Hotsync the following files to your device's internal memory via your Hotsync tool" to clarify that the frontend has to be in the device memory

~Changed: Spacing between sections to make it a bit more readable

~Changed: WIP note in Section 1. Now reflects GodzillaX8's confirmation about folder creation (Thanks :) )

~Changed: FAQ entry 5 To include a link to the compatibility page in regards to Game ID's. Thanks for the hint Chrilith

~Changed: Completly removed second solution for FAQ 7 involving "unable to find *.engine" error. The old answer seems to be unrelated to the problem. Thanks for the heads up Chrilith

~Changed: Audio driver reccomendation in "enabling sound" section to default. Clarified that audio options are defined by what the game supports.

~Changed: Note about CD audio in "enabling sound" section to include the required filename format. Referenced sections 7.7.0 - 7.7.1 of ScummVM official readme

~Changed: Link to Chrilith's skin page in FAQ1

~Changed: FAQ2 to include alternate solution. Not quite sure on the wording for this one.

~Changed: Note about folder creation in getting started section *oops*

~Added: FAQ entry in regards to ScummVM being synced to the card instead of the device

~Added: Alternate methods for adding games and adjusting Music & Sound using the menu bar

~Added: Note about Direct mode in the "controls and special modes" section (I can't believe I forgot that in the first place)

~Added: Placeholders for Sections 4 and 5

~Added: Section 6 to log changes to the document

~Added: New and additional Information from Chriliths Readme.PalmOS (Zodiac controls, new engines, changing adlib quality)

~Added: Tip for quicker adding of games (Thanks Again GodzillaX8)

~Added: Additional note to 'Adding a Game' section about the purpose of the frontend Thanks Chrilith

~Added: Note to 'Adding a game' section describing the use of the built-in "Game Manager" panel on certain devices. Thanks Chrilith

~Added: Link to Compatiblity page in regards to Game ID listing

~Added: Actual description of Direct Mode *oops* plus a note about themes

~Added: Warning about advanced modes instability and eventual removal in FAQ6

~Added: code tags to compatibility section to hopefully fix them

~Added: FAQ8 entry about savegame compatability

~Added: Fuction Key entry to the Controls and Special Modes section. Neat :)

~Fixed: Some general spelling errors.

~Fixed: My assumption about the placement of the frontend. Thanks Chrilith ;)

~Fixed: Compatibility Section Tables, Yay!!! :D

~Moved: Option for changing audio Rate/Quality from audio section to direct mode entry in "Controls and Special Modes"

~Removed: Button descriptions to the "Controls and Special Modes" section for clarification *oops*

This is a work in progress. I hope that by posting it here on the forums where it is visable to the majority of ScummVM PalmOS users, that it can be elaborated on over time. There are many unique tips and tricks used to get the most of each device supported and unfortuneatly they are not currently part of the Readme ;) So if you have a special setup that you use to get Monkey island up and running on your device, Post it here and ill edit the document accordingly. Every little bit helps :)

Anyway i hope this guide helps out ;) :D

Happy Adventuring!!!

UPDATE: Russian Translation available HERE . Huge thank you to kiot for all the hard translation work
Last edited by glokidd on Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Nice work. But I would recommend running a spell checker over it ("nessissary" ...) -- I would recommend that to everybody writing a text for public consumption, of course (esp. to myself ;-).
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Thanks Fingolfin i ran a spell check, it should be better now :oops: A majority of this FAQ/Readme was written in a sleep deprived state :D

EDIT: it would seem that some even slipped through the cracks of my spellcheck. Most notably was the "Nesissary" that you aleady pointed out :oops: fixed now :)
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

Great Job,
but "I do have some thoughts" :
- I think a section, "the second mouse button on your device is" would be helpfull too
- Maybe the compatibility section could be extendend to be device specific? e.g. Columns "works on" and "completable on" ??
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Hi thatgui, thanks for the feedback :D
The second mouse button (the note hard button btw) is covered in section 2: Controls and Special Modes, but for clarification I have added button descriptions now.
Thanks for the tip :D
Unfortuneately all of the formatting for the tables in the compatibiltity section got seriously fudged when i imported this from is original TXT file format. I have been trying to fix this for most of the day :( but as you can probably tell I've had no luck. Generally the tables (when readable :D ) contain a lot of that information, but yes, i agree that more device specific content should be added.

Thanks again :D
thatgui

Post by thatgui »

Maybe the fact, that you got attention from a guy int the "upper" rangs can help with that. Maybe You (or someone else who seems "active" and trustfull enough) could get a wiki account and place the whole FAQ in there ?!?

BTW a new svn build is out !!!!
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Most likeley this will eventually make it to the Wiki, but for now I thought it would be best that I post this here, that way the majority of PalmOS ScummVM users can see the work in progress and contribute additions quite easily. I have actually had a Wiki acct. for some time now, but thanks for the suggestion :wink: .

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the new SVN build :) .Gonna go check it out...
GodzillaX8

Post by GodzillaX8 »

I can confirm that ScummVM creates the folders when you hotsync it, and also, you don't need to do full path when you enter in the path, I only put monkey2 for the path field and it works fine.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Thanks GodillaX8 :D I have edited the WIP Note in section one to reflect your confirmation

EDIT: Also thanks for the tip about adding. I had tried that a while back but had no luck :( I guess i should go back and try again :D I guess i have been doing it the long way for quit some time now :lol: Ive also added this as a note.

Thanks Again! :D
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

Here are some of my additions to this doc, hope this help : ) :

- the frontend can be installed into the memory card in /PALM/Launcher/ but in any case, the skin MUST be on the device. (This should be changed soon)

- the frontend is untitled to be used by advanced users only. It enable access to the whole command line options of ScummVM as any other "desktop frontend"

- on some devices (like LifeDrive) you can use the build-in file manager to select the game folder with the "Game Manager" panel (small card icon near "Path:" label)

- I confirm that if you put your game data into a subfolder of /PALM/Programs/ScummVM/Games/, you only need to give this folder name as path in the "Game Manager" panel

- game ids (short names) are listed on http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php (change FAQ5 also)

- sound options must be based on the game, some games don't support adlib etc...

- ripped MP3/Ogg must be named as track[x].mp3 where [x] is the track number on the CD (see official ScummVM documentation for more infos)

- the sound quality change in the scummvm.ini file is required ONLY if you don't use the frontend, else the frontend values should be used instead. This section should be in another part of the documentation (ie. direct mode)

- hard buttons differ from a device to another, no need to add buttons name. Controls will differ in future version on devices that don't support HiRes+ (480x320)

- direct mode allow users to deal with the standard ScummVM launcher as when you run the desktop version. Themes are currently not supported due to memory consumption

- general key shortcuts should be supported in this Palm version using graffiti (or other input methods)

- link for skins have recently changed http://capers.free.fr/en/media.php?t=skin&g=ScVM

- for FAQ2, you can also check the scummvm.ini file to see if an error occured, most case is a misconfigured game because the engine will search all cards for files and so you can use multiple card slots if you have a device like Zodiac with 2 SD slots

- FAQ6: warning, advanced mode is very ustable and will be removed in future version - this is not the solution to this problem

- folder structure is created at startup of the frontend on the first card found

- you can use the {code} tag to show you file as it should:

test | blow
4    | bling
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

One missing stuff: Can I use saved games on my desktop PC <-> Palm

Yes, the only difference for now is that the PC version is zipped and palm is not compressed (may change in furture version)
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Thanks Chrilith, I have added your suggestions. Thanks as well for pointing out the code tag, it seems to have made the tables a little more readable (now I just have to go back and revert the change's I have made trying to fix them and they should look right ;) )
I may have to re-evaluate how section 6 is used, at this rate it could eventually become longer than the primary document :D.
Im also unsure if I have correctly stated the added solution for FAQ6, right now my wording doesnt seem quite right.

Thanks again for all the pointers, thay have been a great help in clarifying some of my assumptions :oops:

[UPDATE] After a long day of "space, space, preview. scroll, scroll, backspace, space, preview (repeat)" the tables are now fixed. Yay! :D (my eyes hurt :wink: )
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

One interesting thing:

COMMAND+[number 0 to 9] give you F1 -> F10 (F10 = 0)

useful for Maniac Mansion
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Very cool :D I had no idea that the Function keys were available. Defintitely will make MM easier :)

Thanks again :D , Added
arie

Post by arie »

i managed to install the file ScummVM-Frontend but all the other files are incompetable with the hand-held and can't be uploaded to my palm.
can you help? :shock: