ScummVM 0.9.1a beta2 with DLDI support released

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Wha? I booted scummvm, the app was nice; But it didn't find my samnmax folder? I put the folder into the root of my card.
Why didn't scumm find it?

BTW, that was a nice app :lol:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Yes, i tap the "Add" button, but the coming window is empty.
The sam n max is already in a folder, but do I have to make a new folder for the folder containingf monster.sou etc?
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

When the site says that you can copy as much game folders to anywhere in the card, does that mean the folder, where is the game data (monster.sou etc) has to be in a other folder?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Create a new folder, call it 'dott' (or anything you like, really) on your card.

Copy the files from your dott CD into the new folder:
MONSTER.SOU
TENTACLE.000
TENTACLE.001
TENTACLE.002

Run ScummVM on your DS. Click the 'Add game' button. The folder you created should be shown in the box. Click on it, and then click 'Choose'. Click Ok on the dialog box. Now click 'Start'.

If you want to put another game on the card (like Sam & Max), put it's files in a different folder. Add the second game in the same was as the first.

I'm not sure how I can make it any simpler.
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Kinda odd... Lemme explain: There is a folder called "samnmax" on my computer. There are the monster.sou files etc. I copy the folder and all it contains to root of my CF card, but when I boot the scummvm and tap "add game" -button there comes following:
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/37 ... 5.jpg.html
The image may be bad quality, but you should see that "add game" menu, there is just nothing but an empty window.
So, I'm confused with this...
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Hello??

I wouldn't like to be this annoying, but i would just LOVE to play good old Sam & Max on my DS... :!:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

iso jussi wrote:The image may be bad quality, but you should see that "add game" menu, there is just nothing but an empty window.
So, I'm confused with this...
If the Nintendo DS port works anything like the standard desktop version, the Add Game dialog only shows directories (also known as folders on some systems), not individual files. You select the directory where the game data files are, and ScummVM tries to figure out which game it is.
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Yeah, but i didn't choose any directory, I just tap the "Add Game" button, but there is nothing then.

So, any advice?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Uhm. well if you didn't choose the directory containing the game data, then of course it won't show you anything. Sorry, we still didn't implement the "magically recognize my intentions and do what I mean" feature (the telepathy module still contains some nasty bugs, you know). 8)
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Funny. I mean, the scummvm acts like there would be no game data in the CF card at all. I tap the "Add Game" button, and there is no directory to choose!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Aha, then why don't you say so in the first place, hm? :D

Now, back to the subject: Did you try to "Go up" to a higher level?
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

Yes, I did. And yes, I'm sure that there is a directory containing Sam & Max on my CF card.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Are you sure you've patched ScummVM with the correct DLDI for your card reader? Which card reader do you have, and which DLDI did you use?
iso jussi

Post by iso jussi »

I have M3CF, and i used m3cf dldi. Also when I boot ScummVM there reads about M3CF.

I'm not sure if this matters, but once, when I tried to update my M3 to v22 (I have now v31), it freezed caused of that I tried to update it on NDS mode. I Shutted off my DS (but it plays at least GBA games fine).

Also, I boot the ScummVM with A button, but I think it is the button meant to press :lol: .

Maybe I should make a video of my problem.