GP32 port

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ufoufo

GP32 port

Post by ufoufo »

Will there be a port to GP32 also as mentioned earlier? I would be very happy if there would be, but I also understand that people are doing this voluntery.
Zeladin

Post by Zeladin »

There sort of is already..
http://gp32emu.dcemu.co.uk/scumm32.shtml

I think it might be a bit old though... I don't know whether DJWillis has plans to update it or not. I think the Gp32 is unlikely to be able to run a lot of the engines, particularly newer ones.

I can recommend the GP2x port though, but I guess you wouldn't be asking about a GP32 if you had one...
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Zeladin wrote:There sort of is already..
http://gp32emu.dcemu.co.uk/scumm32.shtml

I think it might be a bit old though... I don't know whether DJWillis has plans to update it or not. I think the Gp32 is unlikely to be able to run a lot of the engines, particularly newer ones.

I can recommend the GP2x port though, but I guess you wouldn't be asking about a GP32 if you had one...
I will put my hands up on this one, WonStar maintains the GP32 port these days but I did offer to clean-up the code and make a 0.9.1 limited GP32 release. I have just not had the time to clean the code and get the port released :( for much the same reason the GP2X is a little in the doldrums at the moment.

It is nice to know there is still interest in the GP32 port so I will try and get a look at it next weekend and post a build up for people to try out.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

I know this was an old post but, any chances to see a GP32 port?

There are still people using GP32 that aren't interested on a GP2X for various reasons like thinking gp2x hardware and software isn't enough mature or any other reason.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Look, it doesn't help to ask about this again and again. If somebody turns up who has the time, interest and capabilities to make it happen, it will happen. In the meantime, all asking won't help a single bit, at most it'll annoy some people, at best it'll just be completely ignored.

I know it's not nice, but that's the hard reality.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

Sorry, I'll not do it again. Same with my other messages to the other ports
wonst719
ScummVM Porter

Post by wonst719 »

I know it's a bit late reply, but you can try this:
http://kldp.net/frs/download.php/3041/s ... 2_gp32.zip

An old Korean fork based on 0.9.0CVS (built around 2005.12 or so), no MP3, no OGG, no modern skin, ... but you might find it useful.

P.S. I (wonst719/WonStar) am leaving the GP32 world. :( My six-year-old GP32 is finally dead (RIP), and it's getting so hard to repair it...
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

wonst719 wrote:P.S. I (wonst719/WonStar) am leaving the GP32 world. :( My six-year-old GP32 is finally dead (RIP), and it's getting so hard to repair it...
Hi Wonstar, nice to see you post, I am also GP32'less now. Well I have one that boots but won't read SMC's anymore so can't do anything worthwhile.

I guess this is as close to a formal announcement of the ports demise as we can muster unless anybody else wants to help out and has a working GP32 ;).

Happy to help with the code and a little about the working of the GP32 but without hardware the GP32 code in SVN is about as good as it gets and that currently broken :(.

That said, if you have a GP32 and a GP2X I have some updates to the GP2X port that I am working on to support the F200's touch screen and other goodies so that may sugar the pill somewhat.