DIG sound issue

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Knorrit

DIG sound issue

Post by Knorrit »

I recently downloaded ScummVM 0.9.1 and tried to play the DIG. Had no problems, until I got at the point where you save Maggy (Maggie? correct me if I'm wrong!) with the help of Brink, and Brink runs off with the crystals. When Brink is gone, you're left with Maggy and you can hear the sound from the "firehose"/new waterfall you created. The annoying thing is, that when I leave the cave, the waterfall sound doesn't go away! No matter where I go, the sound keeps on playing. I'm playing the game on a Macbook (Intel) and I think the game is a DOS version. Anyone who can help?

Thanks in advance,

Knorrit!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Welcome to the forums! :) Please, before posting, do read the forum rules (rule 3a explains how to submit bugs)

First, try downloading the latest SVN version here to check if this issue has been fixed. If not, then you should submit a bug report for it (forum rule 3a). Go here. Also, does the sound go away when you save and reload?
Knorrit

Post by Knorrit »

Oh okay, thanks! I'm sorry, I searched in the forums for relating issues, but couldn't find my issue, and thought that would be sufficient to make a new post. I now realize that this forum works different than the ones I'm used to visit! Thanks. :)

And for the sound, after a couple of cutscenes it suddenly dissappeared... I don't know what I did, (restarting Scumm and resaving the game wouldn't fix it) but it worked!
Gimlao

Post by Gimlao »

Can I use the debugger to stop this sound ?

With : imuse stop #

( I can't find the number of this sound... And I don't want to stop all the sounds with "imuse panic" or "imuse stop all" )...
Knorrit

Post by Knorrit »

Hmmm, I don't know. I'll try to take a look. After a few new 'clicks' the sound luckily dissappeared during the game. I have also finished the game now, and there might be another point at where the sound will get buggy. So you're warned for that.