Build Issue

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

daemoncollector

Build Issue

Post by daemoncollector »

Downloaded the code from the ScummVM site, and the backend code for the DS build didn't compile correctly, within the dsmain.cpp in the ARM9 folder the user_debug file is trying to be included, which does not exist. I'm assming this is something you use for debug, after commenting that line the code compiles just fine.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Whoops - yeah, that header file include should be #ifdef'd out. You should probably check the source out from Subversion rather than use the zip, since that will always be up to date in case you decide to contribute anything to the project!

Find out more here: http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=37116
daemoncollector

Post by daemoncollector »

I'll make sure to grab from SVN next time. As for contributing to the project, I would love to help out....but have never done much DS development. Anything simple that needs to be done?
viruseb

Post by viruseb »

My question is kinda related. As I'm developping the G6 dldi driver and users reported some erratic bugs with scummvm I'd like to investigate.
I defined the USE_DEBUGGER in both makefile but the code doesn't to be compiled since it lack the debug functions. The question how I modify the libnds to add those functions and where do I find the client side of the debbuger running on the PC ?
Thanks.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sorry, to disappoint you, but the debugger mentioned in the source has been withdrawn for legal reasons. If you're following gbadev.org you might have seen the posts about it. So I can't really send you a copy.

It wasn't complete but was quite handy at some points during development. However, 90% of the code was written before the debugger existed.

So I suppose it's consolePrintf() to the rescue? You can press Y to enable the console and see your output on the bottom screen.
viruseb

Post by viruseb »

No problem 'Y''s perfectly fine for me.
Grimgoil

Post by Grimgoil »

Viruseb, come across any luck with the G6 DLDI issue?
viruseb

Post by viruseb »

Grimgoil wrote:Viruseb, come across any luck with the G6 DLDI issue?
err It's rather "any time with the G6 DLDI issue ?" the good question. I'm kinda busy at the moment but I'll do my best to solve this (these ?) bug(s) asap.