Broken Sword 1 / savegame

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Thecko

Broken Sword 1 / savegame

Post by Thecko »

Hi,

I've just this evening setup a copy of broken sword on my gp2x but unfortunately cannot get the savegames to work (I'm unwilling to play through the game without it, since I'm on batteries and it could die at any given time!).

I've tried changing the save path from the default scummvm/saves folder to one within the game directory, making sure capitalisation of directories in .scummvmrc all looks correct but whenever I try to save a game it tells me that it was unable to create savegame.000 and savegame.inf

Is this not supported on the current gp2x scummvm port, or am I doing something wrong?
Thecko

Post by Thecko »

FYI I have just tried setting the NAND memory to be the savegame folder for BS1 and it gives me the same error.

Sometimes it will look like it has saved properly (indeed, the files are actually created) - but when I try to re-load from the save, or save over the previously saved game, I get the file cannot be opened or created errors - then when I quit the game and go back in to it, even though the files are present on my filesystem no restore slots are available.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

On 0.9.1 for the GP2X BS1 and 2 are classed as 'Mostly Working'. There are known problems with saves (autosaves work most of the time) that I will fix up this in a future release based on SVN.

Check the compat. list http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X#0.9.1_Release