DLDI?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:When I find time to work on it. Time is in short supply at the moment.
Well, since a DLDI version would tenfold the amount of supported devices, I hope that's your priority. =]
crunchy2

Post by crunchy2 »

Ideally the way DLDI would work is that you wouldn't have to do any patching yourself, and instead the particular adapter's software would patch DLDI games on the fly as they are run. In order to do that there would have to be some way for the card's software to know that a particular game is a DLDI game. Hopefully that is the case! Otherwise, IMHO, DLDI, while better than the current situation, isn't that much better. It's better, but still bad.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yes, it is possible for the firmware on the card reader to work out if it's a DLDI compatible program and patch the executable too. It's just up to the adaptor manufacturers to do this.

Somehow, I doubt many of them will, if their co-operation with the homebrew community in the past is any indication.

Until this happens (if it ever does) all homebrew will need to be patched by the user.
patheticpat

Post by patheticpat »

There is a way of telling if a ROM contains a DLDI interface or not (which the current dlditool doesnt check correctly, it happily patches every rom you run it on :roll:), so it shouldnt be very difficult to implement on-the-fly patching. Hopefully card manufacturers will built this into their firmware soon.

Edit: I type too slow, agentq was faster...
crashtron

Post by crashtron »

The mac users perhaps want to look at my site:

DLDI Drop

Bye
crashtron