Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack - problems adding the game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

habakuk

Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack - problems adding the game

Post by habakuk »

Hearing about ScummVM made me buy Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack. Eager to play it I've followed the instructions as carefully as I could. What I've done is this:

1) Installed the game
2) Tried to add the game in ScummVM from this directory (C:\Program Files\AdventureSoft\Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack). No success.
3) Copied everything from the CD to a directory plus copied everything from the game directory to that same directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SimonPuzzle). An act of desperation, I know... No success either.

I've checked the datalist of the game: http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
Everything should be in place. However, no matter what I do I get: "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory".

I apologize if I've overlooked the answer somewhere, but I've really looked and searched in this forum and elsewehere.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, and whoever answers this will be part of my evening prayer for a long time to come :-)

Jørgen
Last edited by habakuk on Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

you dont have to install it
habakuk

Post by habakuk »

Allright, but then how do I add it?

If you could give me a 1, 2, 3 explanation that would be a major help.

I've tried to add it directly from the CD drive, but that does not work either...

Jørgen
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

PsYcO wrote:you dont have to install it
Actually, he does. Some of the files need to be unpacked (see the readme).
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

clone2727 wrote:
PsYcO wrote:you dont have to install it
Actually, he does. Some of the files need to be unpacked (see the readme).
oh sorry, never had to install a game before for ScummVM
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack - problems adding the gam

Post by eriktorbjorn »

habakuk wrote: I've checked the datalist of the game: http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
Everything should be in place. However, no matter what I do I get: "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory".
Which version of ScummVM are you using? The Puzzle Pack is not supported in 0.9.1, so you will have to use the development version.
habakuk

Re: Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack - problems adding the gam

Post by habakuk »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
habakuk wrote: I've checked the datalist of the game: http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
Which version of ScummVM are you using? The Puzzle Pack is not supported in 0.9.1, so you will have to use the development version.
That did it! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou so much :-)