Sam & Max Wak-a-Rat

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Aokubidaikon

Sam & Max Wak-a-Rat

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Aaaaah how frustrating! No way anyone will be able to hit 20 out of 40 rats using the GP2X's joystick at the Wak-a-Rat game at the carnival...
I guess the only way to get past this bit right now is exporting the save-file to PC and use the mouse to win.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: Sam & Max Wak-a-Rat

Post by DJWillis »

Aokubidaikon wrote:Aaaaah how frustrating! No way anyone will be able to hit 20 out of 40 rats using the GP2X's joystick at the Wak-a-Rat game at the carnival...
I guess the only way to get past this bit right now is exporting the save-file to PC and use the mouse to win.
Really?, it is harder with the GP2X stick for sure but it can be done :). The other option is to do what you suggest as that works just fine.
cappuchok

Post by cappuchok »

Or perhaps use a breakout box and an USB mouse (if it's supported). :)
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

cappuchok wrote:Or perhaps use a breakout box and an USB mouse (if it's supported). :)
It is ;), that also works. Infact I do most of my coding for the GP2X with it running in a small windows on my PC via TV out , having a keyboard and mouse on the GP2X is damm handy for coding and testing not just playing games.
Aokubidaikon

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Mouse is supported? Great! I'll try to hook one up and give it another try! I will get those rats!
fugutabetai

Post by fugutabetai »

I just wanted to thank DJWillis for his work on the GP2X port of the ScummVM engine.

I had never played Sam N' Max before, and so am doing that now on the GP2x. Unfortunately, I had no luck at all with the wak-a-rat game.

I was using an older version of the GP2x port, upgraded to a new one, bought a powered hub to go along with the ArtTaylor USB cable I ordered, and the mouse worked great!

Save file didn't work with the new version, but I wasn't very far into things anyway. :)

Thanks again. I hope the mouse support will make this much easier - I wasn't having any luck with the joystick. Best I could do was about 13.